• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold - Mr Bulk Chameleon Da - Upgraded to XML - Final Price Drop

exquzmwa

Enlightened
SOLD

Okay, so this is going to be the last price drop. The last one of these that sold was for this same price - and this one doesn't need to be refinished (which makes it cheaper by about 100-200 bucks when you consider that fact). This is a classic (highly desirable and rare) that his has been modded to be up to current technology standards. It is mint, it is beautiful, and it has been updated to current LED standards. This is the final price drop I'll offer.

Up for sale is a really nice light. It has sat on my shelf since I purchased it - only used by me to turn on and admire then put back (like virtually every light I have except my EDC). You're not likely to find a better condition version of this light than what I'm offering here. This light is in mint condition. It is one of only a few number of these made and is absolutely beautiful. For you collectors this is a classic and perfect addition to your collection. The price I'm selling at is less than what I have in it (this is true before even considering the PP fees and cost of shipping I will be covering).

$1250 1200 1100 1000 - Includes first class shipping within the US. International shipping and / or insuruance is available at buyers expense (I use www.usps.com and don't add anything to the cost - in fact I will subtract $5.75 from the amount shown for shipping to any other country - however, shipping must be in a method that meets PPs requirements).

This light was completely redone including a mod to XM-L to bring it up to date with current LED technology.

Has one green trit installed (shown in pics below).

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2095-1.jpg

Last edited:

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
Re: Mr Bulk Chameleon Da

:wave: Beautiful light! What is the part I see in the picture 4th from the top? I've seen that pic before and my eyes cannot make that out. It looks like a whole through the bezel, but it must not be. . . I see the push button. . . Oh I just saw it in the second pic too .. . what am I looking at?
Good luck with the sale!

exquzmwa

Enlightened

What a rare beauty!

Thank you!

:wave: Beautiful light! What is the part I see in the picture 4th from the top? I've seen that pic before and my eyes cannot make that out. It looks like a whole through the bezel, but it must not be. . . I see the push button. . . Oh I just saw it in the second pic too .. . what am I looking at?
Good luck with the sale!

Thank you! The part that looks like a hole through the bezel isn't really a hole but is a place where the layers of metal show through (part of the character of Da steel) :)

---------------

For all those that haven't had a chance to see / hold one of these lights, I thought I would add that this is a beefy / solid feeling light. Without the battery (a CR 123) it weighs a little over 7 1/2 ounces. I don't have another light that is common (that I've personally held anyway) to compare the feel to - it does feel as good in the hand with the weight as the gold plated brass Delghi Iris, though that doesn't really do much justice in describing the feel since that particular Iris version is rare and hasn't been in very many hands.... - Guess it would be better to simply say that this light feels very comfortable and good in the hand.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a beautiful light....Wish I could afford it...How bright is this light? What's the tint like?

bf1

Enlightened

Bump for a magnificent light!

exquzmwa

Enlightened

That DA steel character is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE this light . . .

Bump for a magnificent light!

Thank you!

What a beautiful light....Wish I could afford it...How bright is this light? What's the tint like?

The light was completely redone including being modded to an XM-L. The tint appears neutral to my eyes. I'm not positive on output, however, it appears to me (on high) to basically match my V10R Ti+ (which I'm running on an AA).

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm new to these lights, I read a review some of the Mr. Bulk lights don't have metal reflectors or glass lens? I'm not 100% if I remember correctly.

I have a V10R Ti+ too and I run it on a 14500, would the Chameleon DA be similar to that? (I haven't run my V10R Ti+ on a NIMH AA cell yet)

exquzmwa

Enlightened

Wow, redone to an XML...was that always info in the first post?? This is a GREAT light in that case. Super wow!!!

obi

Hi Obi,

I didn't originally have that info there - I added it yesterday as it finally hit me that should have been stated :)

I'm new to these lights, I read a review some of the Mr. Bulk lights don't have metal reflectors or glass lens? I'm not 100% if I remember correctly.

I have a V10R Ti+ too and I run it on a 14500, would the Chameleon DA be similar to that? (I haven't run my V10R Ti+ on a NIMH AA cell yet)

I no longer have any rechargable AAs (the 14500 type anyway) so can't say for sure. I'm thinking it (your light powered by a 14500) would probably have higher output with that since the voltage (and likely amperage) is higher than I'm running my V10R Ti+ with. I can say this light doesn't quite match (to my perception anyway) the output of my regular V10R Ti (which is my edc) running on a CR123.

My Mr Bulk does have a reflector - not positive on the lens type, however, feeling it and tapping it makes me think it is glass (very much so). I would have to defer to one of the experts here to say for sure though.

:)

Last edited:

bf1

Enlightened

Mine was upgraded to an XML as well! All of my Ti Chameleons came with glass lenses as well as the Chameleon Da. I must admit the Chameleon Da with the XML is perhaps one of the few lights I will actually use for a late night dog walk.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Amazing as it may seem.....I never owned one of these and even though it is yesterdays news, it seems to hold a timeless attraction. Any possibility you may be interested in trading for my KONG XML with all the batteries included. That one was well over $1500 from Elektrolumens. Here is a video of the light....

Kong-12-XML has twelve Cree XML LEDs attached to a large aluminum heat sink, and mounted in the flashlight.
Kong-12-XML is powered from twelve 18650 Li-Ion batteries.
The batteries are arranged in three banks of four (series of four batteries). The 3 banks of four batteries power the twelve XML batteries, which are also wired in three banks of four.
The voltage is a nominal 16.8V, and I use a small amount of resistance to keep the power level at around 3A per bank, a total of 9 amps of power, or, around 151 watts of power.
Each LED is putting out around 1,000 lumens, for a total brightness on high power of around 12,000 lumens! For a brightness comparison, a European standard HID headlight is 2,200 lumens.

The beam is around 8 degrees, not a pencil beam but not a flood beam either, and there is a lot of side spill.

And here is a link to a YouTube Video I made, describing this flashlight a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3eI2amdN4

Youtube video of Kong-12-XML in action: => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FplGNglGM

hcg%20sale%20fla%20003.JPG

hcg%20sale%20fla%20005.JPG

exquzmwa

Enlightened

Mine was upgraded to an XML as well! All of my Ti Chameleons came with glass lenses as well as the Chameleon Da. I must admit the Chameleon Da with the XML is perhaps one of the few lights I will actually use for a late night dog walk.

Thanks!

Amazing as it may seem.....I never owned one of these and even though it is yesterdays news, it seems to hold a timeless attraction. Any possibility you may be interested in trading for my KONG XML with all the batteries included. That one was well over $1500 from Elektrolumens. Here is a video of the light....

Kong-12-XML has twelve Cree XML LEDs attached to a large aluminum heat sink, and mounted in the flashlight.
Kong-12-XML is powered from twelve 18650 Li-Ion batteries.
The batteries are arranged in three banks of four (series of four batteries). The 3 banks of four batteries power the twelve XML batteries, which are also wired in three banks of four.
The voltage is a nominal 16.8V, and I use a small amount of resistance to keep the power level at around 3A per bank, a total of 9 amps of power, or, around 151 watts of power.
Each LED is putting out around 1,000 lumens, for a total brightness on high power of around 12,000 lumens! For a brightness comparison, a European standard HID headlight is 2,200 lumens.

The beam is around 8 degrees, not a pencil beam but not a flood beam either, and there is a lot of side spill.

And here is a link to a YouTube Video I made, describing this flashlight a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3eI2amdN4

Youtube video of Kong-12-XML in action: => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FplGNglGM

<<pics removed>>

Knowing you I'm thinking you definately have some lights I would be willing to trade for :) The Kong is nice, but not something I'm looking for (already have a Mr Artillery HID that is roughly in the same ball park - though I really only use it as a toy). PM if you're interested in trading some of that Ti goodness you have though :naughty:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice looking light here Curtis. I'm thinking you should go with a DEFT EDC LR+ though. I hear those things are pocket rocket throw montsters :thumbsup:

Good luck with the sale!