All nighter for paper

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I've done it again--I've procrastinated to the point where I have to stay up for over 30 hours to get an assignment done.

Don't ya hate it when you're under the false pretense that the assignment will take much less time than what it actually seems to be turning out to be.

What am I doing on CPF when I should be finishing up? 'Cuz I'm CRAZY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

back to work!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

-Jason

roguesw

Enlightened
What paper are you writing? i know the feeling, having done several midnite runs for my maths assignment.
good luck
des

yclo

Flashaholic*
Been there, done that, probably going to do that again soon.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

It's funny how when I'm back at the University computer labs in the Eng. department, it's always crowded even at 11pm at night (and even 3am when there're assignments due). And the rest of the campus is quiet....

-YC
(Mech. Eng. Student)

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay...over 32 hours awake, paper's in and I just got home. Check CPF (like I'd do anything else first) and now I'm going to get a couple hours of sleep. Sad that since it's noon I'm not all that tired since it's super bright and in the 90's outside.

Paper was a nursing research paper. I've got another one next month, so now I know it's going to take much longer and I'm not going to procrastinate--yeah, right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why do we do this to ourselves? You'd think we'd know better by now...if only our Mom's could see us now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

-Jason

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:...Don't ya hate it when you're under the false pretense that the assignment will take much less time than what it actually seems to be turning out to be...

What am I doing on CPF when I should be finishing up? 'Cuz I'm CRAZY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

back to work!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I ended up spending an extra year in grad school because of CPF. No more all nighters for me, though, and no more exams (wait 'til you get the oral ones if you go to grad school), papers, teachers, dirty looks, etc.

Woohooo, I'm finally free!!!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a couple of those but mine were due to laziness. If I had budgeted my time better, I would have had no problem with any of my assignments. I had an interesting experience with one of them. This was back in 1982 and I was a freshmen. I asked a rather shady college mate for some "help" to stay awake to finish a term paper. He gave me what I thought was a caffeine pill but what I later found out was probably a "black beauty" a form of illegal speed that I don't even know really what it was/is. Anyhow forget about studying and writing, I couldn't sit still for a second or shut up for that matter and only wanted to run, run if I recall correctly. A learning experience for sure.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
..a form of illegal speed

[/ QUOTE ]

So what kind of speed is the "legal" kind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I've found really strong green tea can keep me awake for a good while.

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typewriter...no kidding. My finger dexterity showed signifigant degridation once I hit the 22 hour mark. Good thing for spell checker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
doubleganger said:
Just be glad you didn't have to type it up on a typewriter after you finished the creative part.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA!!

BACK IN MY DAY SONY, I graduated College without EVER using a computer, except for a BASIC computer class.

Typed EVERY SINGLE DAMN PAPER on a TYPWRITER!

Boy, that was fun!

I would bet that I would have gotten at least 1 letter better grades in school, had I had a PC.

I remember, 3 am, typing page 4, and you loose your place, and type the wrong sentence, and I would try to "work the mistake" into the paper, instead of re-tyting the entire page.

BUT, to this day, the BEST SLEEP, was the SLEEP AFTER DOING AN ALL NIGHTER!

I was not a big drinker in college, suprizingly, (at least not until my "beverage management class (I was a HRM Major!)) but I would stop, and get one of those big cans of "malt ale" and drink it on the way home (yes I know, drinking and driving, but this was the early 80's and I just had one!), and by the time I got home, the beer was just starting to "hit me".

I would hit the pillow and man, was that good sleep!

Speaking of which, I am pulling an all nighter tonight at work!