Not using a flashlight??

davidwestonh

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone injured themselves when they were not using a flashlight?

About 30 years ago I twisted my ankle really bad by stepping off some stairs. And twisted my ankle

It was about 6 inches of dark black and blue, I wish I had taken a picture of it.

Remember one guy getting poked by a branch when we were in the jungle, no one was using flashlights or eye protection.

Anyone top this?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
OUch, I twist my ankles easily, but never that bad.

I never got hurt in a situation where a flashlight would have helped. I do carry over 10 pounds of flashlights up a hill every summer, just to go walk in the dark without a light... OOoooh the irony!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fell onto a floor joist and broke 3 ribs clean in two, was using halogen work lights with poor light placement. I'm not sure if a headlamp would have spared me or not. Anyway, that was almost 15 years ago, ZL H51Fc is a co mn stant companion now, L1 is perfect for finding a solid foot hold, M2 works fine for me with any task within arm's reach.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
When riding my bike home years ago on a dark stretch of road, I didn't see the truck parked on the edge of the road, right where I was riding. I didn't have a bike light then. I hit it in second top gear, which would have put at around 35-38kph to zero in less than a second.

I broke five ribs, cracked my sternum, fractured my spine and my skull, and broke both my arms. My helmet was broken into 28 pieces. Took a full six months to feel normal. Though 15 years later I still suffer pain and problems from that accident.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
When riding my bike home years ago on a dark stretch of road, I didn't see the truck parked on the edge of the road, right where I was riding. I didn't have a bike light then. I hit it in second top gear, which would have put at around 35-38kph to zero in less than a second.

I broke five ribs, cracked my sternum, fractured my spine and my skull, and broke both my arms. My helmet was broken into 28 pieces. Took a full six months to feel normal. Though 15 years later I still suffer pain and problems from that accident.

Crap! I'll bet you don't like stormy weather! I got an ache in my sternum or in my back depending on how the crooked ribs are pressing, but I'm not complaining after that story!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would make me a flashaholic too. :eek:oo: