SureFire thrower?

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me a new flashlight,and I never had a SureFire,so I want to try it...
I want a flashlight that have nice beam distance (more spot than flood) but not the expensive flashlights of SureFire as the M6LT Guardian and the M3LT CombatLight,my price limit is about 150$ without shipping.
but I have some questions,and I will be happy if you will answer about it:
1.what the diffrence between the SureFire G2x and LX2 LumaMax? (and I am not talking about the shape of the flashlight and the pocketclip :shakehead)
because the price of the LX2 is much higher than the price of the G2x...is it because the beam distances? is the LX2 a better thrower than the G2X? and what about the E2D? is it a better thrower?
2.I saw the SureFIre G2X fire rescue,and the yellow glow color of the light is look cool :party:
but the price is higher than the regular G2X in about 20$,why is it so expensive? why isn't it with the same price like the regular G2x?
3.what do you think about the P2X Fury as a thrower? because it senn like a flood light more than a spot light...what is the beam distance of it?
4.the new 2012 Surefire DM2 Defender look pretty cool,but when is it coming out? is it soon?

thanks advance :)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lx2 will out throw, the G2X due to the TIR optic. There are sometimes used LX2's in the marketplace.
The switch and electronics and switch is also a little more advanced in the LX2, instead of double clicking to get to high (soft then hard press) you push soft for low and harder for high with the LX2. Those are the major differences, the Lx2 has less spill and a more hotspot. The G2X has a good hotspot with lots of useable spill due to a larger head diameter.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire Fury's beam is a pretty useful one. It has a decent hotspot, but with lots of useable spill. Although it does not have a TIR optic, it probably throws around as far as the LX2, due to it's raw output.

The switch in the Fury is the same as the g2x, as explained above.

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I agree with jalcon, if you want to get your first Surefire, the Fury is a good one. I have one and it is good for throw and also spill. It is a good priced light compared to other Surefires, good bang for the buck!

FPSRelic

Enlightened
I think the LX2 has it's benefits.

1. It's UI is not for everyone, but once you get used to it, you get whatever output you want first go (at least for momentary), and for me it means getting momentary low or high straight away without having to click through modes.

2. It's more pocketable than the Fury as it's thinner, has a pocket clip and lanyard.

3. If you're about throw, and they're about the same on high mode, then the LX2's runtime on high is longer with 2 hours vs the Fury's 1.5 hours. Also, the LX2's low mode would have more throw in it than the low mode of the Fury due to the TIR optic. Note that I don't own a Fury, so I can't compare this for sure, but I do own an LX2, and I find that due to it's TIR optic, I never really find a need to go above the 15 lumen low mode, as it's good as it is for general purpose lighting around the back yard.

Latest posts