FYI- EDC+ XM-L drop-in not a replacement for M61

notrefined

Enlightened
with Gene not taking custom orders lately, I decided to try the EDC+ xm-l drop in in a VME head because I wanted a 3500k XM-L. For anyone who was considering something like this, don't. the drop-in doesn't have the same dimensions and will not fit in place of the malkoff module.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are pretty close. The edc+ is conical at the front, the malkoff are cut straight. The edc+ rides to high and the tube wont make contact to the x60l.
edcb.jpg

edcd.jpg

Easy to fiix if youre handy and got tools, but it wouldent work well if it fits anyway. There are little room for the glass lense with a normal d26 in a wme. The m60 dident use a lense, and the m61 kind of have it integrated in the module. The malkoff heads got a smaller opening in the front and will block alot of light, so there is lots of lumens lost with a fullsize 26mm reflector. The beampattern also change, dimmer hotspot, and you loose too mutch of the wide spill (fits the md-2 head and the beam was terrible in a stock md-2 head, really narrow spill). Had to widen the hole for my triple to work with the md-4. It will be almost no room for a gasket if you want to widen a malkoff for a ~26mm reflector. Malkoff hosts only take malkoff modules (as long as you dont want to shave off some metal here and there) :)

edcna.jpg

Last edited: