Strap Wrenches...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look just like the Pittsburgh Tools strap wrenches that I got on e-Bay a while ago that were pure rubbish. They won't keep their grip on anything for long, and don't have enough grip, or traction.

I have some Kobalt strap wrenches from Lowe's that are excellent. They come in a two pack (large and small) are very grippy, and have a lifetime warranty. The only downside is that they have a metal link that can scratch a light if you aren't careful. I will likely pick up a two of these Whirlpool strap wrenches the next time that I make it out to a Lowe's. The design looks like it will work well for flashlights. Just remember that the tooth area goes toward the direction that you are turning.

Gene43

Enlightened
I have been using this wrench 3/8" square drive with aluminum handle to assemble/disassemble MD2's in my shop for the last 2 years. It gets a lot of use and has held up well.

Last edited:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used HF strap wrenches. Did not care for them. Too awkward and required a lot of clearance around the object being worked on. The quality of the rubber used in the strap is important as grip varies. On the bright side, these had no metal whatsoever in them and they would not scratch the work piece.
image14834.jpg

Last edited: