New 260 lumens! Zebralight headlamp pure flood H502 single AA

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can get pure flood with any of my handheld flashlights with the help of a diffuser film or lens, i love zebralights!! Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Quite a few new features on this one. Hopefully they'll do the same for a new AA light with a reflector.

ico

Enlightened
I think there is a glass. Right now, the GITD is somehow a dealbreaker for me. Maybe my intended use was for it not to be visible after use but WTH maybe it will still be the best flood light ZL has yet to offer.

EDIT -
Features
  • Electronic soft-touch switch, with a 200,000 cycle operating life
  • Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels
  • Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade Alcoa aluminum bar stock
  • Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing, providing unblocked thermal paths to over 92% of the surface area.
  • Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
  • Tempered optical grade glass
  • Battery power can be locked out by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
  • Waterproof to IPX8 (2 meters, 30 minutes)

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
Holy mother of flashlight heaven!!! Look at the performance on low! 504 hr at 0.34 Lm - AND 1440 hr at 0.06 Lm - AND 2160 hr at 0.01 Lm. :drool::naughty::huh::twothumbs:sold:

And those are measured with a 2000 mAh Eneloop, which means an L91 or even (gag) alkaline should be good for around 50% MORE!

The king of ultra low is now grand admiral emperor for life!

And you high fans - note the fine print - expect MORE than 260 Lm with an L91!

WHERE IS THE INLINE FOCUSED VERSION OF THIS GEM? I know it couldn't be a thrower, but it would be an IDEAL flashlight. (Don't get me wrong; I'm DEFINITELY getting an H502 as-is.)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally a fuel gauge on zebralights! i could begin imagining my perfect zebralight:

1) sc60-sized XM-L 18650
2) fuel gauge
3) 600 lumens thermally-regulated, no dumb stepdown timer pls
4) strong screwed-on clip, not the shitty one on the sc600
5) auto stepdown to lower levels on low-batt condition

perfect!

aerosmith9110

Newly Enlightened
since they have ultra low model.. they should explore 2,500 - 3,000 lumens... with 3x head with the same LED to body technology with fully current regulated so that they have a contender for those 3x xml.

yifu

Enlightened
since they have ultra low model.. they should explore 2,500 - 3,000 lumens... with 3x head with the same LED to body technology with fully current regulated so that they have a contender for those 3x xml.
The 2400 lumen S6330 is in the works and has been since the end of last year.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, ZebraLight is really bringing their A-game lately. There's absolutely nothing not to like in those specifications.

Like everyone else though, I'm waiting to see if they announce a NW XM-L, or even better, one of their NW Rebel's that they use in the SC51c.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
260 lumens for nearly an hour is amazing heck the 200 lumens on the H51 is still amazing but the low output runtimes are well, umm just insane and just as impressive is there is 4 moonlight modes to choose from!

.001 lumen for 3 months I think I will just leave it constantly turned on in that mode as a locator beside my bed or wherever I place it.

However like has been said here and in another H502 thread the 120 degree beam angle is a real turn off for me, I to wear glasses and with my 120 degree H50 the light reflected off my glasses and into my eyes. 80 degree is perfect for me it doesn't reflect into my eyes nor does it mess with my peripheral vision, I'm a big Zebralight fan and I hate to pass one of there new light's but I know the 120 angle won't work for me been there done that and I know I will just go back to my H501's because of that. :(

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
That works as far as glare but you have to tilt it up to far which then puts to much light above you and is for one a distraction with light bouncing off objects above you, if your inside you don't always wont a ceiling bounce effect. If feels like your losing most of the "control" kind of like why it may feel better for you to keep a keep a headlamp centered on your forehead instead of on the side of your head above your ear, if that makes any sense.