V10R Ti+ High CRI

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I'm just throwing some letters together.

July.

Improved Ti switch with rubber included. Preinstalled Allen head screws.

Thoughts?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Mmmm not sure about a sturdier clip factory option but ok.

dirtech

Enlightened
How about some high cri non ti for those of us not willing to spend the cheddar on titanium.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The V10R HCRI exists too, though there are only 4 in the world, with 2 currently for sale.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I love the v11r high CRI. I was just thinking how I'd like one in To just last night. If you make it, count me in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I love the v11r high CRI. I was just thinking how I'd like one in Ti just last night. If you make it, count me in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
Neutral is a subjective thing. If its the same emitter as the V11r High CRI then its an XML T4. The beam on my V11r High CRI is cooler then my high CRI XP-G lights. I would definitely classify it as neutral, but thats my opinion.

-- Adam

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I'd think T4 is warm and T5 is neutral. It's the High CRI that is subjective, no? Color tint/temperature can be quantified but whether it affords a high CRI "look" depends on the user.

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
CRI is quantifiable, it's measured against a black body radiator at the same color temperature. Warm/Neutral/Cool is subjective, obviously there won't be much argument between 2500k and 6500k, but some people would call a 4000k light neutral and others would call it warm.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think T4 is warm and T5 is neutral. It's the High CRI that is subjective, no? Color tint/temperature can be quantified but whether it affords a high CRI "look" depends on the user.

Actually...

T4 and T5 are flux (brightness) bins, and don't denote a certain color temp. Same with T6 and U2. With Cree's naming system, a letter-number combo means flux bin, and a number-letter combo means a tint bin. For example, I believe the V11R hcri was a T4 7B (but I could be miss remembering). T4 tells the brightness and 7B tells the tint.

From there, several tint bins have the same color temp. Color temp ranges are designated as warm, neutral, or cool (though you are free to disagree with Cree's ranges if you want to). And any color temp can have any CRI, which tells how closely it's spectrum resembles that of a blackbody radiator of that color temp. Isn't that fun? ;) You can look up what all the bins mean on Cree's datasheets.

The misconception of T4 or T5 meaning a certain tint comes from the fact that not all tint bins are available in every flux bin. If you want a neutral tint bin, the brightest flux bin you can get is a T5. If you want a warm, the highest flux bin you can get is a T4. If you want cool, you can get up to a U2.

I'd link to Cree's XM-L datasheets, but I'm on my phone.

:thumbsup:

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.