what brand offers the highest of the high CRI lights?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone know? better yet, how do the high CRI lights by 4Sevens compare to ZebraLight's c-lights versus HDS and so on?

any thoughts?

Tiresius

Enlightened
McGizmo if you're referring to customs lights for highest CRI. Dunno if the nichia 219 has a higher cri or not...folks seem to love their new emitter in their current McGizmo lights.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Most of the newest "HighCRI" emitters are pretty similar in CRI rating (90-95), but there are significant tint/bin differences ... do you prefer cool, neutral, or warm CCT?

Of course, that is for LEDs. If you are interested in incandescent torches ... hotwires are 100CRI :devil:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most accurate, or rather the highest CRI light I have experienced so far would be the McGizmo Haiku and Mule that I have.

2nd in line would have to be my legacy HDS clicky followed by the Surefire Minimus Vision headlamp. Actually I couldn't decide which of these two are better. They seem quite similar.

Malkoff M61HCRI in the MD2 host has quite a high CRI rating but the higher CCT makes it a bit too warm. Still like it very much but may not appeal to many.

Zebralight SC51C is nice too but has a slight yellowish green tint to it, have to say visually it does look quite close to the McGizmo but not quite there yet in terms of color reproduction.

The worst I have tried would be the Quark and Preon high CRI. They appear so yellowish I have no idea why and how they are high in CRI. Pee yellow is how I would describe the tint, but then in actual use outdoors it is not too bad at all.

I have not had the chance to try the McGizmo Sundrop with Nichia 085 emitter and I believe I never would since the emitter was discontinued, but I believe that has the highest CRI rating so far.

Currently I have no lights nor drop-ins utilizing the new Nichia 219 so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I found my Malkoff M61HCRI to have much nicer color rendering than my legacy HDS Clicky, which had a very inconsistent beam. The current Hi-CRI Clicky is a little better than the M61HCRI, it's a tiny bit cooler than the Malkoff.

The 4sevens Hi-CRI line uses emitters that are lower color temperature and lower CRI than the options offered by everyone else.