What flashlight Manufactures are Known for

rcyo88

Newly Enlightened
hi,
don't kill me. i was just wonder what the speciality for each flashlight brands are. for example, zebralight makes pure floods. if this has been posted somewhere, please post a link. or if not enlighten me. thanks.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most make general purpose lights.
Klarus has the dual switch assembly for tactical style use, but most of the lights are fairly floody. Crelant makes only throwers.
Jetbeam seems to push technology. As does Sunwayman

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlight manufacturers are known for

off the top of my little hat:
eagtac is known to be the very first to equip their models with the very latest cree led's.
fenix is known for multiple QC stages and flawless production quality.
itp is known for its best-selling iTP A3 EOS
olight is known for itp and manufacturing 4sevens
4sevens is known for excellent generous customer service.
shiningbeam is known for the same looks&feels as 4sevens lights
eagletac lights have similar looks&feels as olight/4sevens lights
swm, jetbeam and klarus are known for superb anodization and finish.
zebralight is known for top efficient Eneloop drivers.
romisen and tank007 are known for overall exemplary quality in the budget light section.
hds is known for rugged flashlights
mcgizmo is known for titanium flashlights
xxxfire are known to be rebranded clones of XXXfire
xeno is known for its best-selling E03 model
sipik is known for its best-selling SK68 clones
surefire is known for weapon mount flashlights
maglite is known for USA-made flashlights and its brand name

I dont care for brands with imho stupid brand names so nothing noteworthy comes into my mind regarding:
NiteIze, Niteye, NiteCore, Nitefire, Nitefighter, Nitenumen, Nitestar, Night Reaper, Night Power, Naithawk, Niwalker, BryNite, BriNyte, ThruNite, Lumapower, Lumintop, Lumagear, Lumingear, Lumencraft, Lumilite, etc ;)

Last edited:

rcyo88

Newly Enlightened
off the top of my little hat:
eagtac is always the VERY FIRST to equip their models with the VERY latest cree led's. eagtac is known for that.
fenix is known for multiple QC stages and flawless production quality.
itp is known for its best-selling iTP A3 EOS
olight is known for itp and manufacturing 4sevens
4sevens is known for excellent generous customer service.
zebralight is known for top efficient Eneloop drivers.
romisen and tank007 are known for overall exemplary quality in the budget light section.
hds is known for rugged flashlights
mcgizmo is known for titanium flashlights
xxxfire are known to be rebranded clones of XXXfire
xeno is known for its best-selling E03 model
sipik is known for its best-selling SK68 clones
surefire is known for weapon mount flashlights
maglite is known for USA-made flashlights and its brand name

nothing noteworthy comes into my mind regarding:
NiteIze, Niteye, ThruNite, NiteCore, Nitefighter, Naithawk, BryNite, BriNyte, Lumapower, Lumintop, Lumagear, Lumingear, etc ;)

awesome. i think this was a TALL hat. lol.

LGT

Enlightened
I think the ThruNite Catapults should be"noteworthy" because of their excellent throw. Though I only use it for specific tasks, it never ceases to amaze me with what the light can do every time I turn it on. I also wouldn't pigeonhole SF's as being mostly known as a weapon mounted light, they have much more than that to offer. And while the HDS is rugged, it is also programable.

Last edited:

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
DarkSucks should be known for the best customer service and best price point for a custom 500 lumen flashlight.

zenbeam

Enlightened
Most make general purpose lights.
Klarus has the dual switch assembly for tactical style use, but most of the lights are fairly floody. Crelant makes only throwers.
Jetbeam seems to push technology. As does Sunwayman

And I'll add a note about Sunwayman if I may. In terms of pushing technology, they do seem to have developed a niche for their magnetic output control or otherwise referred to as infinitely variable output control between a min & max output. Which I do find interesting, but somehow I think I still prefer having a couple/few presets to cycle between.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
Maglite is renown for its reluctance to adopt the latest technology in favor of extracting as much ROI from its current manufacturing methods and tooling as a way to augment its brand recognition; one that is as significant as "Jello" in the gelatin-based desserts market.

Surefire was once known as the maker that revolutionised the outputs of reflector-based, handheld incandescent flashlights: a foothold it had enjoyed until the widespread use of high-power LEDs.

Pelican continues to offer cost-effective products catering to the utilitarian needs of several industries.

HDS continues to assert dominance as the pinnacle of ruggedness in EDC flashlights.

Don McLeish (McGizmo) lights have attained cult status much in the same manner as Rolex wrist watches and Leica cameras except in a much, much smaller market than either.

Of these five, Maglite is most recognizable because of its ubiquity; however, the others mentioned flounder in relative obscurity.

genius5th

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has great customer service, my tailcap failed on me and they promptly sent me a replacement, no questions asked

fishndad

Enlightened
i dont know but international outdoors should be known for slowest delivery to your door.
3 weeks still waiting:sick:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight is also known for making the most compact headlamps without compromising output
Fenix is also known for the best regulation in the industry (although others are catching up by now)
4Sevens is known for including a low-low and for making special batches of neutrals and warms once a year (and now high CRI's)

Ninotores

Newly Enlightened
What distinguishes Fenix from everyone else in regards to regulation to make it the best?

This is not a discussion thread about Fenix. See the title of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
xtar is a flashlight brand but they are known for their Protected LiIons cells and chargers
led lenser is known for their patented flood-to-throw reflector system and using mainstream battery configuration (3xAAA, ..)
dqg is known for the smallest 1xAAA power LED flashlight in the world
spark is known for zebralight lookalikes
malkov is known for dropins
rofis is new but already known for some exotic flashlight designs

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

The manufacturer who did most of the manufacturing job of Sunwayman lights has started their own brand called Niteye. In other words,
niteye is known for manufacturing SWM, see video:

You didnt know?? Well, now you know it. It's sort of insider info and you can get the confirmation from elsewhere (ask goinggear Marshall, watch his recent videos, a. o.). Jetbeam/Nitecore/Sysmax are as much "related" to Klarus (labor contract in the same manufacturing sites) as SWM to Niteye. I regard the folks of SWM as designers only whereas Niteye are designers (or copiers lol) and manufacturers.

Are Niteye and SWM rivaling hostile competitors or, quite the contrary, collaborating friendly colleagues such as Olight-4Sevens?? -- Well, that i dont know. And it doesnt matter much. For starters, it's good piece of knowledge that Niteye lights and SWM lights are manufactured in the same factory by the same machinists.

Hooray for Niteye? Maybe. Depends on their actual designed products. I am looking forward to their announced EDC series!!

Then again, "manufacturing site" and "designer" are two different things. "Designs" are owned by designers and the designer is allowed to sell or license it to others. I would not call it cooperation, it's pure business. For example for the similarity between Jetbeam RRT-01 and Niteye EYE10, the copier (Niteye!) had to release an official statement declaring that everything's fine between Niteye and Jetbeam.

Last edited:

Erzengel

Enlightened
Fenix is known for manufacturing bright flashlights for mainstream batteries like AAs and Ds.HDS is not only known for ruggedness, but also the very customizable UI.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is now known that NiteyeLightDOTcom and BronteLightDOTcom are registered by the same ceo hu baohua ([email protected]), Guangdong province, Shenzhen City, Tel/Fax: 86-134-23807609. simple to find out, just do a Linux WHOIS petition.