• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Buying Monster Light!

soraxd

Newly Enlightened
hey everybody, from time to time i see these monster lights up being shown off. recently i found a 20,000 Lumen torch for sale, however after numerous attempts to reach the seller, im without luck. so now im off to see what else CPF has to offer. if you have a monster light, and are interested in selling it, or know of anyone who makes such lights, please let me know!

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one is available and could be yours! Let me know if that's what you are after....

Kong-12-XML has twelve Cree XML LEDs attached to a large aluminum heat sink, and mounted in the flashlight.
Kong-12-XML is powered from twelve 18650 Li-Ion batteries.
The batteries are arranged in three banks of four (series of four batteries). The 3 banks of four batteries power the twelve XML batteries, which are also wired in three banks of four.
The voltage is a nominal 16.8V, and I use a small amount of resistance to keep the power level at around 3A per bank, a total of 9 amps of power, or, around 151 watts of power.
Each LED is putting out around 1,000 lumens, for a total brightness on high power of around 12,000 lumens! For a brightness comparison, a European standard HID headlight is 2,200 lumens.

The beam is around 8 degrees, not a pencil beam but not a flood beam either, and there is a lot of side spill.

And here is a link to a YouTube Video I made, describing this flashlight a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3eI2amdN4

Youtube video of Kong-12-XML in action: => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FplGNglGM

hcg%20sale%20fla%20003.JPG

hcg%20sale%20fla%20005.JPG

soraxd

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know of any upcoming projects? i really like the "mag mod" type build. they always seem to pack insane power in a small package, thats what im looking for. that 15k lumen light up there is really awesome, im currently talking to its owner. does anyone else know of any upcoming projects, or anyone who may be selling, or any place you can get your hands on such lights? like a company who makes them

yifu

Enlightened
It really depends on what you're willing to pay and what you're looking for (portable or non-portable?). If you just want a cheap fixed light with a lot of lumens, 1600W SkyRose lights can be had shipped from China for under 900 dollars. It's probably the easiest way and cheapest to get 100 000+ lumens. Many other companies make lights like these like FrancisSearchlights, Spectrolabs etc but you have to pay top dollar for them.

For more portable lights, LightPipe HID had 250W metal halides in very small form factors for under 600 dollars but some rather unscrupulous CPFers ripped them off so they're out of business. There are some simple builds that you build yourself like the LarryK14, parts which can be had for under 100 dollars, including the host, although the 600W/1000W GE bulbs are a bit hard to find.