Colored Arc AAA or PE? Help me decide!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJR

Hello. I'm a bit new to Candlepower Forums, but I have been looking at the Arc Flashlight Section posts for at least a year. I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what flashlight I should get for X-mas. Currently I have a Surefire E2E Executive Elite with a KL1, and it rides in my pocket most of the time. Its function can primarily be described as, "The Big Green Blaster Thingy." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is one of the brightest flashlights I have, short of the 1.5 million candlepower spotlight in my basement. If course, that isn't really a flashlight I can carry in my pocket, (it weighs 6 pounds!) and it's better for lighting forests on fire from long distance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The question I have is this: Since I already have the E2E-Kl1, which flashlight would be better to carry also- A Turquoise AAA, A Red AAA, or a White PE? The E2E has a white LED that I can use in color rendition, so maybe the White PE will not be needed. However, I have a few problems with the colored ones, too.
The white PE has been continually updated, with new features, enhancements, and improvements in circuitry. The older color ones, however, are of an older version and may not have some of the improvements seen in the new PE. However, the colored ones, primarily the Turquoise, are a lot brighter and eye-catching than the PE. Based on this information, which one do you recommend I get? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PJR

MarshalMoroni

Newly Enlightened
PJR,

Like you I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of flashaholics. I now EDC (every day carry) a LSH-P and a AAA red led. I found that the LSH-P cover virtually all of my illumination needs, but there were times when it was too brite (gosh, I can hardly believed I said that) so I opted for the AAA in Red. It's perfect for lower levels of illumination, and not ruining your night vision. Heck,I've even read by it to keep from bothering other folks.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Good Luck (buy them all!)

Marshal Moroni

dtsoll

Enlightened
PJR,
I wouldn't be without at least one AAA PE in my aresenal. They are perfect for the times when you don't need a lot of light, roaming the house at night, finding the keyhole,etc. If I were getting my first AAA it would be a PE, knowing what I know now, that is! Having said that, I do see a turquoise in my future! I had one and traded it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You can't go wrong whichever way you go though, good luck! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ps First thing I would do is sell the E2e/KL1 and buy an LSH.......Sorry, I can't help it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.