Romisen RC-N3 tailcap not working properly

Stettin

Newly Enlightened
This is the second unit from DealExtreme that cannot stay on. If I push in the tailcap switch, it will only stay on while I hold it in. When I release and click immediately again, it switches mode to full, strobe, half just like normal. I am wondering if it is even worth sending back a second time or if there is something I can do to fix the tailcap switch. Any suggestions? I've tried different 2xAA batteries, but do not have a CR123a to try without the extension tube. I noticed another post with the same problem on the DX forum just a few days ago. I think maybe they got a bad batch or something.

Streamer

Enlightened
Well, there are replacements tailcap switches from Shining Beam here in the USA.

Shoot him an email with your info for confirmation

I hate sending things to China...never have yet.

Last edited:

arioch

Enlightened
Have you checked the switch to make sure it is not loose inside of the tailcap? If it is, you can screw it in further with a needle nose pliers on the two holes in the switch pill.

You can also check the LED module in the head, which sometimes also is able to be screwed in and out. The spring or springs may also be compressed and can be stretched out gently.

I have no answers if it is a LED or UI problem, but the above steps have helped me with numerous Chinese LED light problems (intermittently working; not turning on; flickering). Good luck. :)