Sunwayman V10A LED swap: what size XM-L mount do I need? what tint would be best?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I'm gonna have a guy on here mod my sand-colored V10A (XM-L) to a 'warmer neutral' tint to keep in theme with the body color.

anyways, two questions:

1. what size star/mount does the V10A/V11 series put its LEDs on? 10mm? 14mm?

2. is 4000K about what I'd want for a smooth, not-too-warm, not-too-cool tint? it's a T4 XM-L I see at Illumination Supply and apparently my ZebraLight SC600w is about 4200K (according to the ZL product page), which I like, so I guess go with T4/4000K?

thanks guys!

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hello tobrien,

The pcb is 12.8 mm and is actually copper. It's not one you can readily obtain so be sure to have your modder re-flow the new XML onto the stock pcb. The 4000K tint XML from illumination supply is beautiful.

I have a Beamshot from my ti2 that I modded with the exact same emitter here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/338053

I have also modded a few with the 3000K XML he sells and it's beautiful as well! If you prefer warm tint, the 3000K is the one I would go with. I have modded quite a few of these lights, so let me know if you need any further assistance!

Frank

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on EVERYTHING Frank said. Reflow the emitter on the OEM board because the factory copper board is thinner than most boards you can get, also the 4000k is a great tint IMO.

Jamie