SWM V10R Sand Finish

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I got the V10R sand finish today and the finish, to me, leaves much to be desired. :( The color is not what was pictured back in August. It is a sand finish but has a dirty appearance. It's like if you could only wash off the dirt there would be a nice clean finish but such is not the case. :thumbsdow I guess I'll keep it. This would be a good candidate for Cerakoting, they have a nice Desert Sand finish.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to hear you were not pleased with the appearance. I thought about buying it, but the color was not pleasing. It looks like a flat finish in the photos at BJ. Hopefully you got it on sale.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
Here's my V10R Sand Finish. Maybe I'm getting too picky but to me, the finish is not up to par with other SWM finishes like the M11R Tan Finish which is very nice.

Here's a shot of the finish. The photo is not grainy; it's the finish that looks dirty.

Here's another shot of the dirty looking finish.

The color of the fin is not consistent with the rest of the light.

yliu

Enlightened
I see what you are talking about. I think it still looks pretty cool! And you don't have to worry about it getting dirty!

akflash

Newly Enlightened
I think it looks great! Looks just like the Tan finish on my SF M600C. Love that "dirty" look!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm selling my sand v10r to akflash above, and i haven't noticed any finish problems on mine but i didn't look in high cri light and check lol.

but i guess it's like the old SWM Ti^2 finish problems again? inconsistent?