Dereelight Night Master

rufus001

Enlightened
I just used my Night Master for the first time and WOW!!:):) I knew it threw a long way but the combination of that piercing beam of light and the surrounding darkness was amazing. It seems to help focussing over long distances that the broghtest point happens to be what I want to see not what is right in front of me. Very nice! A little bit of battery rattle which was disappointing though. :thumbsdow

TEEJ

Flashaholic
So, where's the PICS?

:D

BTW - As makers try to accommodate the large range in cell diameters, those using the skinnier cells will have more room than those using fatter cells, etc...and, therefore, will get some rattle. A rubber band should cure that.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is essentially just the DBS aspheric with what looks to be minor aesthetic changes. I'm curious whether this uses the EZ900 or EZ1000 die. I know he ran out of the R2 Ez900 but don't know which variant he is currently using. Even though he may not be able to get R2 binned XR-Es it might still be better if EZ900 are available in the Q5 bin. From what I have been told Cree has stopped putting the EZ900 in the XR-E so even lower binned XR-E ez900 may become extinct.

rufus001 can look at your LED and tell us whether or not you see a thin copper color surrounding the LED die?

rufus001

Enlightened
So, where's the PICS?

BTW - As makers try to accommodate the large range in cell diameters, those using the skinnier cells will have more room than those using fatter cells, etc...and, therefore, will get some rattle. A rubber band should cure that.

Sorry no camera just an iPhone. :whistle:

A rubber band it is then!

rufus001

Enlightened
rufus001 can look at your LED and tell us whether or not you see a thin copper color surrounding the LED die?

Sorry my eyes aren't too flash and the combination of the kitchen light and an iPhone as a camera have resulted in this crappy image.

LVSAN.jpg

What specific spot are you looking at? You have a die sitting one a slighter bigger square that may be copper coloured and everything else is sliver.

** Uh Oh! Is this image bigger than allowed?? **

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I know this is essentially just the DBS aspheric with what looks to be minor aesthetic changes. I'm curious whether this uses the EZ900 or EZ1000 die. I know he ran out of the R2 Ez900 but don't know which variant he is currently using. Even though he may not be able to get R2 binned XR-Es it might still be better if EZ900 are available in the Q5 bin. From what I have been told Cree has stopped putting the EZ900 in the XR-E so even lower binned XR-E ez900 may become extinct.

Nobody likes downgrades... Especially me...That will be tragedy for this light but they also have XPC that can throw equal to EZ900 with smaller and not so pretty beam...

But if I will have to choose between EZ1000 and XPC I will choose XPC.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures rufus. It does indeed have the ez1000 die. That means performance is back around 60Kcd probably.

Tat I have decided to go ahead and offer modified Dereelights in the future. As I mentioned in the past I didn't want to have this light with the OMG Lumens name attached to it for various reasons. So instead I will be offering mods of all sorts of lights from budget lights to high end. I really don't like the XP-C in the Dereelight aspheric so I will not be offerring that. I also don't trust Cree anymore as they have unilaterally decided to change the die in the XP-C to the ez900 and completely ruined the performance. Of course I found out after I bought 1000 pieces.:mad:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Damn!

I fell sorry for you... 1000 pcs is a lot of money... But look from the bride side...

U will use that for OMG Lumens upgrade modes, and starting with Deerelight(consider Tiablo A9 also it has great lenses)

I hope it will be something for my magcharger also... Terralux upgrades are not good.

Why the hell CREE did so? That means that there will no be DEFT - edc with XPC emitter?

But maybe you can squeeze more out of ez900 with your technology so that will be at least equal to xpc?

Looking forward for your upgrades hoping that will be for deerelight, tiablo and magcharger...

P.S.
Look Tiablo and deerelight lenses differences. Left and smaller one is A9 right and bigger one are DBS. U can see focal differences between lenses. I tried to swap lenses between them but that does not work. Tiablo lenses looks better.

lenses-1.jpg

And about upgrades...

If possible please made plug and play upgrades(pils, modules) because we on other part of world have very expensive post and costum service... So sending flashlight on upgrade are great cost.

Much better solution is to buy plug and play upgrade and install it at our home...

Last edited:

rufus001

Enlightened
So this light would throw even further with the EZ900? Good Lord!!!! It seems to throw a LONG way without it. :) What would be the rough difference in throw meter/yard wise?

rufus001

Enlightened
Hmmm. Their website shows the ez900 as still available in the DBS-T head, which fits the Night Master body as well.

So is that wrong or could someone order that head for whatever extra throw the ez900 gives you over the ez1000?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
If DBS aspheric with EZ1000 is putting out 60,000 lux, it will give approximately 489 meters of throw until the 0.25 lux.

DBS aspheric with EZ900 produces about 90,000 lux, and that gives 600 meters of throw.

Anyway...

The entire debacle with XP-C die being changed is nothing short of depressing. I guess it was getting harder for Cree to squeeze higher efficiency out of the existing die, so they went ahead and enlarged the die as they did with XR-E, but it would've be really nice if they mentioned it beforehand.

saabluster, will the EZ900 XP-C affect the production of the upcoming DEFT?

rufus001

Enlightened
If DBS aspheric with EZ1000 is putting out 60,000 lux, it will give approximately 489 meters of throw until the 0.25 lux.

DBS aspheric with EZ900 produces about 90,000 lux, and that gives 600 meters of throw.

Wow! That is a big difference. I've emailed them to check if the EZ900's are really EZ900's and may then order one.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
The entire debacle with XP-C die being changed is nothing short of depressing. I guess it was getting harder for Cree to squeeze higher efficiency out of the existing die, so they went ahead and enlarged the die as they did with XR-E, but it would've be really nice if they mentioned it beforehand.

saabluster, will the EZ900 XP-C affect the production of the upcoming DEFT?

Not only XPC they changed XRE EZ900 to EZ1000. End yes it is depressing. We can not downgrade to 2008. where throw was 60 000 lux meter... We must look forward for improvements and not backward for downgrades...

I would not say only depressing... For me that is tragedy...

WTF... Instead of improving EZ900 they downgraded it to EZ1000. This is really tragedy in led thrower world where EZ900 is king...

Hope there is some China garage factory that produces EZ900 I will order and swap EZ1000...

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Anybody tried one of these dereelight night masters( not degree as in title). Sorry ignore this post......just found review.

Last edited by a moderator: