vinhnguyen54‎ Modded Fenix TK41!

Daekar

Enlightened
As some of you may be aware, I was in the market some weeks ago for a modder to do an emitter swap on my new TK41. Well, after some searching and some very helpful posts by CPFers recommending different candidates, I got in touch with vinhnguyen54‎, and he took care of me in first-class style. He offered me several different tints of XM-L to choose from, got the emitter perfectly centered, and the price and turnaround time were great.

When I first turned on the light, into which Vin swapped a 4000K XM-L, I actually gasped out loud, it was SO much better. I took it outside into the misty night, and I believe it is now the perfect general-purpose light. If anybody is suffering with a cool-white XM-L, take the time to have it modded, it's totally worth it. Before the swap, my TK41 might as well have been Luke Skywalker's first lightsaber, but now it's just... white and lovely!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

That's WHY I send everyone who wants mods/drop-ind to Vinh, he's a photon master.

:D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
LOL

That's WHY I send everyone who wants mods/drop-ind to Vinh, he's a photon master.

:D

:) I like this thread!

Guess what? I recently found out that the Skyray G5 is an excellent cheap price but high quality 18650 host. Better yet this host as the ability to mod into a 100% flood light like the SD6 Spark headlights without a reflector. I just made one and I love it. The beam is identical to a preon 0 or the SD6. I used a Warm emitter and the tint is just super nice! Cheeeers!!!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently had the pleasure of dealing with Vinh as well. It started with him making an XML drop for me (which I love!). After lot's of talk and help from him, he upgraded my DBS with aspheric lens, my Solarforce Pro-1 head, sold me his Skyray STL-V2 he modded into a 1x18650 beast, and modded my Olight M20 Warrior Premium. All his work has greatly improved the lights, but I'm especially happy with the M20 mod. I loved the light, but with the greenish tint and lower output I never used it anymore; what a shame for such a premium light. Now modded with an XML-U2 pushed at 2.8 amps, 2.7-4.5v, it has a beautiful beam of about 800, 280, and 3 lumens, plus 4 HIDDEN blink modes. PLUS, I can switch modes at the tailcap rather than twisting the head, which is my prefered method. If that wasn't enough, he even went out of his way to make sure I had them for my camping trip this weekend! I'm sure he will be doing more work for me soon. :naughty: