New emitters out...

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
:sssh:Looking for a 26650 with xb-d emitter
or the second one down xt-e.
They are out for sale now but do not know if they are in flashlights/torches yet?
:sssh:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25c clickie has the XTE available in there latest models. Dealers corner of CPF marketplace has info.
As for the xbd, VihnNyugen could probably make you a P60 dropin if you could find the emitter ;)

yliu

Enlightened
I've never seen torches coming out with XBD or XTE emitters.

I heard that those emitters are not very suitable for flashlights...

(BTW I have the coolest font!)

and they aren't a big upgrade from the current XPG and XMLs.

Last edited:

A10K

Newly Enlightened
Kaidomain has several drop-ins available with the XT-E emitter. They are approximate replacements for the XP-G, being slightly more efficient. A few people that have gotten them already (myself included) have found that they have issues with color separation, with splotches of yellow inside the hotspot and yellow fringes to the corona (on cool white models). They are not very pretty when white-wall hunting but passable for everyday use outside. Unless you have a special application that calls for one (high temp? Extremely high efficiency at low current? ???), the XP-G is probably as good an option at this point in time.

My understanding is that no end-users have gotten the EagleTac D25 with the XT-E yet because ET/their dealers ended up shipping them back due to the afore-mentioned color issues. Can anyone confirm?

As for the XB-D, I have two sitting on my table in front of me, but to my knowledge there is no flashlight/drop-in with them yet. They are smaller LEDs and comparable to the XP-E, and as the market for that emitter/light characteristic is much smaller, they'll probably take longer to find their way into flashlights. No word yet as to whether they'll have the same color/focusing issues, but since they use the same manufacturing tech as the XT-E's, the answer is probably (I may have beamshots with them in the next few days).

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
no.png

tam17

Enlightened
As for the XB-D, I have two sitting on my table in front of me, but to my knowledge there is no flashlight/drop-in with them yet. They are smaller LEDs and comparable to the XP-E, and as the market for that emitter/light characteristic is much smaller, they'll probably take longer to find their way into flashlights. No word yet as to whether they'll have the same color/focusing issues, but since they use the same manufacturing tech as the XT-E's, the answer is probably (I may have beamshots with them in the next few days).

If XB-D is considerably smaller than XM-L and more efficient than XP-G, there is a possibility that it can be focused better and used in new generation of more throwier and efficient flashlights. Just speculating though, haven't seen any specs...

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
They need to get the XB-D in production over the XT-E, IMO. The XB-D offers XP-G level efficiency in an XP-E sized package, FYI. That would allow for slim AA lights to have decent throw to them and still be quite bright. And JSYK, it will also allow for more compact tactical lights and gun mounted lights. YMMV.