2c mag switch problem.

wannabe333

Newly Enlightened
HI Room,

i am new to modding Maglight, i do have a 2c mag that need switch removal, this one had retaining rings around the bulb post. remove the rubber cover but won't find any bolt inside the switch, any help and information will be very much apprecited.
icon5.gif

moderator007

Enlightened
This should help a little. You will need a 5/64 hex wrench for a older model mag (Some time before the first of 2010). And a T8 torx for a newer model (2010 or newer). This thread may also help a little. The switch comes out the tail cap end of the light.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a similar problem last year. I bought a new switch from Maglight and it came with the proper tools for installation--both a special T8 torx and 5/64 hex wrench. Not expensive. If you call them, they might send you a switch kit for free. The TX8 (if yours uses that) must be as narrow as the tip to work. I first bought one on ebay, then ground it down. You'll get one for free if you order a new switch (mine was less than $10.00). The retaining clip can be removed with a small screwdriver or butter knife. The screw on the switch forms the ground from the switch to the body--so it's there. Read their instructions carefully before you order. There is both an *old* and a *new* style switch and they are different.

wannabe333

Newly Enlightened
Hotwire, your information is very helpful. where can i order a new switch from ebay? I got it from ebay also ,i am from canada. thank you again.

• :mad: