XENO E11 aka Cube

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
d83a1a2a-1bb9-4c80.jpg

The Cube has landed and it landed HARD. These have been around for a while but I never realized how BIG and HEAVY they are! I thought it might have been just a little larger than an AA. Think of your favorite Ti light, then imagine it was machined from a complete solid block. That's the Cube. It's heavy because it's SS too. The build is wonderful and I'll do a brief review later but I thought I'd bring up the size. Have a V10R Ti or equiv with extender? It's essentially that size in a cuboid form. Delightful but nearly useless as an EDC...

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Yes ... most of us have known all along ... how needlesly heavy the CUBE is .

IMO .... that is why they don't sell very well. It becomes a shelf Queen .

Like you said in your last line .... "Delightful but nearly useless as an EDC..."

If only they would listen ..... and make them from lightweight aluminum !!

Oh well .......... their LOSS !

~

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The black Ti doesn't feel quite as heavy. I'll need to weigh em. Still, the build is quite something for such a simple style.

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like a good candidate for having the entire body machined to create a whole new custom flashlight

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Mine resides on my nightstand with my Luce de Notte. Looks nice, functions well, won't roll off, and if I need to I could do some damage by throwing it at an intruder.

swan

Banned
I have the v7 xml-t6 cw, as previously stated - its a work of art. Has a nice big beam and nice tint and even came with a spare lense, very nice house light.

choombak

Enlightened
The SS cube I had could not tailstand as the switch projected out by 1/2 an mm or so, so it basically wobbled. Useless as an EDC, but delightful to "fondle". Best example of making a anti-rolling light. And yes, they don't get the cube in Al, or the AAA format as well - many cheapo lights on DX have the cube shape, but lighter and slimmer form factor.