Lumapower EDC LM21...Very dissapointed

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
After seeing these little lights, I thought that it should be very handy when I didnt wat to carry something bigger. Ordered direct from LP and recieved it today. Put a fresh AAA in and it worked for about 5 minutes. Its highest setting didnt equal the medium setting on my Preon. After it quit working, I took it apart, did the usual cleaning, changed the battery just to be sure and still doesnt work. Thats when I also noticed that the lens was also cracked. I can chalk up another brand that I wont be buying again. The only plus was that the Preon head fits the LP body, so I do have the option of using it as a clicky for the Preon. At least I have that.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once had a problem with my Lumapower and emailed them for an RMA. In less than a day they notified me they had a new switch in the mail. Be sure to have your serial number handy.

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
Do you still have a valid email address for them? Both that I tried at the website do not work.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only plus was that the Preon head fits the LP body, so I do have the option of using it as a clicky for the Preon. At least I have that.
+ 1

for the low price of the new torch and the smallness of the company that's still okay what you got imho. a clicky for the preon is otherwise expensive and not as new sent from my iphone using tapatalk

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
double post sent from my iphone using tapatalk

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine on saturday, also very dissapointed. Everyting is bad put together.. Off center led, off axis led (the led is riding on top of the wires and have wery little contact with the pill for heatsinking.) Lanyard was broken. The led is covered up by the centering ring. It's way inside the centering ring and so most of the light cant hit the reflectior. O-ring sqishes out everytime i screw the head on. First and last lumapower.

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
I did manage to contact them. I had include photos which somehow caused a glitch in the email. Anyway, they did offer to replace it, if I send it back to Hong Kong. By the time i fill out the Customs paperwork, package, insure , and ship the light I'm going to have another $10 to $15 invested. I told them it just wasnt worth the time and trouble. They then offered another light at 1/2 price. I'm gonna pass. Seems like it would be pretty easy to send another module and lens as replacement to me, but I guess they just dont do that.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine on saturday, also very dissapointed. Everyting is bad put together.. Off center led, off axis led (the led is riding on top of the wires and have wery little contact with the pill for heatsinking.) Lanyard was broken. The led is covered up by the centering ring. It's way inside the centering ring and so most of the light cant hit the reflectior. O-ring sqishes out everytime i screw the head on. First and last lumapower.

can u get a replacement copy from your seller? give them a 2nd chance, you already paid money for the product..

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
I bought this directly from the Lumapower website. They even stated in their reply email the were not sure where I purchased it from, and this is after I gave them the PayPal transaction number. Im just going to cut my losses.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
can u get a replacement copy from your seller? give them a 2nd chance, you already paid money for the product..
Shipping is really expensive where i live. I can buy a new light for ~the same price as shipping it back.
The only good thing about it, is it got no threadlock. I can fix most of the stuff myself. Exept the slow pwn in lo mode and the lo current switch. Easy to swap led on this one.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember that Lumapower was insistent on me having the serial number registered with them. I had. You might try [email protected]. They have 2 dealers in America: BatteryJunction and Illumination gear. You might try them.

CAH

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased the same light from BatteryJunction. When I got it(SN 1771), the glowring around the lens was barely visible on one side. Almost as if it had been pressed in too tightly. I pressed on the lens with my index finger in a vain attempt to fix it and crack! Lens busted. I sent it back to BatteryJunction and they replaced it, no questions asked. The new one(SN 1986) appears to be fine.

I noticed several small differences however. The head's anodizing is slightly darker than the body. The emitter is ever so slightly off center. Lastly, there is a small clear ring on top of the pill to prevent any part of the positive end of the battery from touching it.

I have only had it for a few days so I wont pass judgement on it yet. What I will say is that it indefinably could benefit from the use of a 10440.

Bigfatts

Newly Enlightened
Hm, sounds like they need to step up their QC. I just read something in the review section that said the tailcaps originally shipped with these lights didn't meet the power supply rating expected and that replacements were being made available to people who had the old equipment. That might help with the low output but won't do anything for the cracked lenses and such. I have one of these in the mail as we speak, coming from battery junction. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

gsr

Enlightened
I just ordered one from BatteryJunction.com, too. I'm a big clicky fan, and I am fond of the single AAA format. I'm glad to hear BatteryJunction seems to have good customer service, in case I get a dud. I am also glad to hear that the Preon head will work on the LumaPower body. It is nice to have some modding options.

Latest posts