D11 clip on a D10?

entoptics

Enlightened
Surprisingly, after a pretty thorough search of CPF and the interwebs in general, I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Will the D11 titanium clip sold by batteryjunction and mentioned here and there on CPF fit the D10? It doesn't show up on NiteCore's website, so I'm not sure if it's an aftermarket item, or just a crappy manufacturer's website.

My backing plate on my D10 Tribute stripped out again (2nd one), and I can't stand the idea of retiring such a wonderful warhorse because of a tiny little screw hole. I can't find anywhere to buy the old clip or backing plate.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is thread on how to make one. If you are handy with tools all you need is a thick walled piece of tube that is the correct inner diameter. Cut a slice off and then tap the holes. If you have no access to the tools it will be difficult.

Can you not drive slightly bigger screws on the old plate?

Surprisingly, after a pretty thorough search of CPF and the interwebs in general, I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Will the D11 titanium clip sold by batteryjunction and mentioned here and there on CPF fit the D10? It doesn't show up on NiteCore's website, so I'm not sure if it's an aftermarket item, or just a crappy manufacturer's website.

My backing plate on my D10 Tribute stripped out again (2nd one), and I can't stand the idea of retiring such a wonderful warhorse because of a tiny little screw hole. I can't find anywhere to buy the old clip or backing plate.

entoptics

Enlightened
Appears definitive. The NiteCore D10 will in not accept the D11 clip.

I can probably tap another screw in there. I was just hoping to spend $10 and have it at my door, rather than spending an hour or two futzing around.

I can't let the old monster retire so easily (I'm hoping for a fiery Li-ion explosion when it finally gives up the ghost).

Thanks for the picture. I hope this thread show's up on the search from now on.