Sunwayman V10R Tan Finish

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the finish. I can understand anyone being less than happy if they were looking for the true "desert sand" kinda finish that the description would indicate, but I like the matte gold finish as is...

What is amazing to me is how the little V10R has crept its way into my EDC rotation - and even begun dominating it. I hadn't planned on buying one of these - I've been down the Sunwayman Magnetic ring control light avenues before, and I liked them, but drifted away from them for one reason or another. As you can see in my sig line, a shortage of lights to choose from is not a problem I suffer ...:eek:

And I am a forward clicky lover. Couple of levels - maybe 3 - are plenty. Give me a loooooow low for night-time moving around the house, and a couple of good, bright levels for when I'm doing chores or out walking the dogs, and I'm happy.

Then the small Jetbeam RRT01 and the Niteye E10 caught my attention. Plus the TCR1 (bought 2 of those...:crazy:). I've been down the Jetbeam road, too, and although I liked them, they didn't hand around too long. Even owned 2 TCR2s at one time...alas, they were sold ages ago.

I love the extreme low of the Jetbeam, and it's smooth control ring, but the reflector is, shall we say, "less than perfect." A friend did the reflector mod and made it much better. The Niteye comes with a nice OP reflector, but the control ring and its stiff, 11 click position operation isn't my favorite. And as I said, I love my clickies!

So Batteryjunction had a sale on these, and I picked one up. Nice and small, lightweight. I don't use clips, so the cheapie clip doesn't bother me. It doesn't go as low as the Jetbeam or Niteye, but it doesn't light up the house on its lowest setting, so that's okay...the clicky is a bit mushy, but it appears to almost ramp up when clicking on, and it does allow momentary, so it's usable.

So let's think about this. For around $80 (more or less, depending) you get a VERY small, forward clicky, momentary press, magnetic control ring, almost 500 lumen light that will drop down with almost infinite levels to under 1 lumen. Decent tint from the XML (not great, but decent.) Nice beam shape - a bit ringy, but not bad in real use.

You 'old timers' will remember - heck, I've been around only a few years and I remember - that the thought of a such a thing a few years ago would have made us shake our collective heads and mutter, "impossible."

Now, I prefer the nice, titanium lights. I am one of McGizmo's biggest fans, and you can take my Haiku at about the same time you take my Glock :devil:, but look at what we can get these days....

FOR UNDER $100???? :eek:

Sorry, I rambled. Suffice it to say, this little Sunwayman V10R is one heckuva value. I'm not gonna abuse it or pick apart all the faults - I mean come on, really?

For $80 you get all this?

Bravo Sunwayman.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Agree with this. I have a rrt01 and tcr1, but am a forward clicky fan as well. I just like pressing buttons! Even if it costs me a half a centimeter in length. The v11r with the black boot is a constant in my edc rotation. I also reckon the SWM holsters are amongst the best.

gsteve

Enlightened
why is it when you read descriptions of this light they mention 500 lumens in the title and 210 lumens in the ads???

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a V10R tan (more of a bronzey color IMO) and like it a lot. That BatteryJunction sale was a pretty good deal. I just got a couple of Soshine 700 mAh cells from Orbtronics and while their capacity in the V10R doesn't yield a long runtime, they're fine for my limited needs.

Chris

Latest posts