Frozen pizza

K A

Enlightened
I like Freshette (sp?) myself. Dont really care much for Digornio (sp?).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i like frechette and digorno, but buy whatever's cheapest. i ate frozen pizza for two weeks in a row at one time, and can't currently shove any down my throat without gagging.
i used to get the red baron mini-pizza's, because they were the cheapest per ounce.

200fr

Newly Enlightened
i Had Jenos frozen pizza for lunch, it's cheap good and does not give me hart burn

Saaby

Flashaholic
Sometimes I like the expensive frechette type foods that taste good...

...other times just give me a $0.80 Tinos and a artificially flavored McDonalds vanilla shake!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stouffer's french bread pizza -especially the sausage and pepperoni variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
vcal said:
Stouffer's french bread pizza -especially the sausage and pepperoni variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

UK Owl

Enlightened
Sorry to be negative guys, but once you make your own pizza for the first time you will never want to eat mass-produced frozen cr*p again.

All you have to think about is the difference in quality between a good pizza restaraunt and your frozen stuff.

Go out and get yourself a good recipe for the base and you will be half way there, in next to no time you will be converted.

Banshee

Enlightened
Mystic brand Pizza is prety good. Great for quick eats too as it only takes 10 mins ! (once the oven hits 350')

avusblue

Enlightened
I'm a frozen pizza pro. We eat all sorts of brands and love variety. Try a bunch of different kinds! One thing that I highly recommend is to get a dedicated pizza oven. (like the kind you see at concession counters.) It cooks the pizza perfectly, top and bottom, makes no mess in the oven, and best of all is the speed. You can go from freezer to table in 10 minutes -- you'll be eating pizza before the kitchen oven could even preheat. We got ours used on ebay for under $50.

Here's the model we have.

Enjoy!

Dave

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tombstone is still my favorite. The crust is passable for frozen and the sauce is of the spicy/sour variety rather than the sweet/katchupy variety /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be careful that you put it in a preheated oven and that you don't let it thaw though! If you put a thawed one just loose on the oven rack, the middle will fall through all over the bottom of the oven. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif you don't want to be responsible for that.

Otherwise, putting a frozen one directly on the rack in a hot oven it cooks excellent.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Anybody here use a ceramic Pizza stone? We do. Short of a devoted pizza oven, it's the only way to go.

My favorite frozen pizza isn't frozen at all. There's a franchise here, Papa Murphys, where you go get the pizza made fresh and then you bake it. Pretty good stuff...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
take my word for it.im a very picky eater and i never by genric but one day i was in kroger and they had there brand pizza it is called kroger deluxe if i recall.it was like 249 on sale i bought it home cooked it and thats all i by now.its awesume.now for going out and eating pizza ya have to drive to clevlnad oh thats where i had the best pizza.at a mom n pops shop.they was nice people to. imiss eating there

TheBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
Anybody here use a ceramic Pizza stone? We do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard/seen these, but cannot figure out why someone would want to cook a pizza on a rock.

Can someone explain what this does? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
They're just called "Pizza" stones, but really they're baking stones. The ceramic cooking surface gives a very very uniform, even heat and retains it's heat well (So the pizza stays hot on the table). Crust comes out tender-flaky perfect and it's hard to burn it.

The problem is those dang Costco Pizzas, they don't even fit in my oven!

Oh yeah, Costco's pizzas are good. You can either buy them cooked up front, or uncooked back in the deli. You get a HUGE Pizza for $8. It doesn't look that big in Costco, but that's because everything there is big. I'm not joking when I say it won't fit in my oven. Edge of the pizza touches the edge of the back wall of the oven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Saaby on the pizza stone...well worth it. It makes a nice even cooking surface and I rarely get hotspots or burnt areas.

I also like to bake my own pizza. It really isn't much more than buying a Pizza Hut or Papa Johns pizza...I can make one for around $12 with all fresh ingredients. Tastes SO good. Yum, squash and sundried tomatoes!

Though I do like Freshetta alot, unless its not on sale. I like Totinos for those late night snacks or after a night of drinking.