Hey all, any cool holster recommendations to carry a Fury?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title asks, what cool holster are you carrying your Fury in? ... I already ordered a Ti clip from Jason Hui, but I'd like to have the option of belt carry as well!

Thanks!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thor's Hammer custom leather holster.

Thanks, I was thinking about him! I'll check out his site, hope I don't have to send my Fury to him though! If I do, it may be a long while before I let it go! ... lol

Any other recommendations? ... In nylon maybe?

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
De Santis makes some really great holsters too. You may need to call them about the size because the Fury's head is larger than the 6PX. I've used a SureFire holster (V20) the few times I've carried it on my belt. It fits fine and the quality is not bad, but you might want something a little more robust if you EDC.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLBME does great work, I love the holster he did for my Sunwayman V10R, and his customer service is great too, he let me know every step of the way what was happening, and is happy to help make the holster fit you (I ordered slightly thicker belt loops to fit my Wilderness belts - they fit perfectly, I will be getting him to build me another sheath soon (for a 6P/9P)

His work an be found in this thread over on the marketplace
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?259188-Kydex-work-Holsters-for-lights-and-guns

esg2145

Newly Enlightened
SF Fury carry?

Hi all -

I'm new here and looking for a GOOD way to carry my SF Fury on my hip, other than a kydex holster. I've seen a lot of the "cheaper" nylon ones online, and while I'm not opposed to nylon, I just want something better than an inexpensive one so I will not loose it while carrying it.

Thanks! :) -

Eric

esg2145

Newly Enlightened
Re: SF Fury carry?

Is a pocket clip not an option?

I've tried a couple of different clips (Raven and another?) have not been happy with the tension (or lack there of they hold on the Fury) they use to secure it for pocket carry. :( REALLY not happy with the Raven design, I think it probably works better on other flashlight or SF models. :(

Currently carrying in my pocket, but afraid it will activate while doing so. :( Why I am looking for a GOOD pouch to carry it in that will also not allow it to activate and also secure it well while doing so.

I also have already had a very NICE custom kydex one made for it, but it rides too high and allows it do dig into my side. :(

Thanks -

Eric

esg2145

Newly Enlightened

If you loosen the tailcap a couple twists, it will lock out the light so it cannot turn on via the tailcap by accident.

Yes, thank you I was aware of that, but I don't want to have to turn the cap to activate it also once I draw it, I want to be able to hit the button to turn it on as soon as I pull it out.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Eric

xzel87

Enlightened

I also have already had a very NICE custom kydex one made for it, but it rides too high and allows it do dig into my side. :(
Eric

Can't adjustments be made to the attachment points to make it ride lower?, seems a waste to not use such a nice thing...

esg2145

Newly Enlightened

Can't adjustments be made to the attachment points to make it ride lower?, seems a waste to not use such a nice thing...

Nope. :(

I'll either save it and find another use or sell it once I find something that does work.

Thanks -

xzel87

Enlightened

just need to make the belt loop bit higher...it can be done...but it wouldn't look as nice and clean as the original form :(

I get this funny feeling a 6P would fit perfectly, would it?

esg2145

Newly Enlightened

just need to make the belt loop bit higher...it can be done...but it wouldn't look as nice and clean as the original form :(

I get this funny feeling a 6P would fit perfectly, would it?

I've considered that - putting a longer loop / drop on it.

No the 6P will NOT fit - the Fury has a larger bezel on it (this is a lens down model). I have an older 6P style SF and it falls right though it. LOL :)

Thanks -

Eric

esg2145

Newly Enlightened

I was hoping for something more either in GOOD quality nylon or leather w/ a flap or some other form of retention other than friction if possible?

Thanks -

Eric