4Sevens Single Bay Charger V4

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
Just thought I'd let everybody know, I just received a couple of 4Sevens chargers that I ordered about a week and a half ago. These are now marked V4. They look the same as pictures I've seen of earlier versions of this charger with a USB power cord, a 12 volt power cord, and the AC wall wart.

I had seen earlier postings that the earlier versions of this charger had an output on the AC adapter of 1500mA. Mine are labeled output 12V DC 1000mA. It will probably be a few days before I'm able to discharge a couple of batteries to try these chargers out.

Ed

kaabob

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious as to how this handles LiFePO4's. Previous V2 had trouble with termination.

jdavis

Newly Enlightened
Any updates here? I'm curious if anyone knows anything more about V4 of this charge... any thermal protection upgrades or other safety innovations? Anyone have any comments about performance?

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
My 4Sevens battery charger terminated the charging just fine - 40 minutes for A123 18650 Li : FePO4 batteries (20% charged from shipping due to FedEX requirements) that I bought both for my 520nm direct diode handheld laser. It's set for 1 Amp and 3.6 Volts so it's close to charging requirement in A123 battery datasheet.

I will find out more when the 7 Volts laser driver stops working at 2.7 Volts (recommended cutout at 2.0 V but I am not intending to drive those expensive batteries into ground), so I can time the charge termination. (my laser's a single cell setup with boost converter for to feed 7 Volts to the Gallium Nitride laser diode.)

EDIT: Alright, I took the A123 1.1 Ah 18650 battery out of my DIY laser, measured 2.4 Volts immediately after the Microboost driver dropped out (green diode flashing) and I charged it to 100% in 70 Minutes - certainly right for termination time.

Last edited: