solar panel

mr.lumen

Enlightened
is there/has anyone ever rigged a flashlight with a solar panel made into the body that was connected to the batteries so that when not in use it would charge from the sun or ambient light in the house? i have seen flexible solar panels so i know it could be done...right? it would look sweet to have the whole body a solar panel and would charge the batts! what do you all think and is this the right area to be posting it?

mr.lumen

Enlightened
thats cool... hideous but cool lol. it would be sweet to wrap the whole body with the panel so you could have a normal flashlight you could hold in one hand with that capability. and it could look sweet not like a 1980's shower radio. haha

Look up the BOGO light.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there/has anyone ever rigged a flashlight with a solar panel made into the body that was connected to the batteries so that when not in use it would charge from the sun or ambient light in the house? i have seen flexible solar panels so i know it could be done...right? it would look sweet to have the whole body a solar panel and would charge the batts! what do you all think and is this the right area to be posting it?

If the whole body were wrapped in solar cells, wouldn't 3/4 of them be not in use at any particular time? (Unless charging in a tanning bed?)

mr.lumen

Enlightened
wouldnt it be almost a 1/2 that get used? i was suggesting the whole body be wrapped for looks and so you could just place it down tail or bezel standing and not have to worry about turning it a certain way. but more importantly the new solar panels charge off of interior lights not just sun light just obviously at a slower rate so all of it would be getting hit just not directly. i feel like it would be more than enough to charge the batteries, if not completely then more than none ya know?

Samy

Enlightened
I don't have a BOGO or similar but i've been powering all my flashlights exclusively from solar for about 12 months. All my AA & AAA Eneloops and 18650 and 14500 lion's are charged via a 60 watt monocrystalline solar panel i use. I use the solar panel to charge a deep cycle 12v battery and then use my 4Sevens and eneloop chargers with their 12v adaptors. I'm not charging from the solar panel directly but it means i can charge my flashlight's batteries whether the sun is out or not, as long as i top up the 12v battery when it starts to get low. It's simple and provides completely guilt free lumens so i can use my lights all night long ;)

cheers