Driver 3A single Li-ion

dargos

Newly Enlightened
I'm working on driver with output current 3A from one 18650 Li-ion battery. It is driver with step up/down converter, microprocessor control. PCB has diameter of 17 mm and overall thickness 5 mm.
I have few working prototypes. One in Spark ST6-500CW headlamp and one in classic case with back action switch from DX.

Some photos from first testings

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a pretty complex looking driver you got there! Care to share some of its features for us less-knowledgeable? Looks most efficient at ~700mA, BUT is also still 80-85% efficient at a whopping 3A! Will these be kits or even completed boards that you are offering? Very nice boards too, I might add!

dargos

Newly Enlightened
I plan to sell it in little series. I can offer only full assembled and tested devices. Assembling, soldering and set up can handle only professional with good pick and place machine and smt owen. There are 0402 and smaller parts. Now I'am testing first prototypes in flashlights.

That is a pretty complex looking driver you got there! Care to share some of its features for us less-knowledgeable? Looks most efficient at ~700mA, BUT is also still 80-85% efficient at a whopping 3A! Will these be kits or even completed boards that you are offering? Very nice boards too, I might add!

dargos

Newly Enlightened
Specifications:

• maximal output current: 3A, to one white LED
  • continual output current: 1,5A with warming about 40°C
  • power supply: one Li-Ion battery, (2,8V to 5V)
  • temperature limit: -20°C to 85°C
  • dimension: diameter of pcb 17 mm, thickness 5 mm
  • posibility of controlling by external switch
  • low battery warning
  • last mode memory
  • permanent NV memory type
  • maximum of 8 modes of lightning or blinking
  • driver and modes settings by uart interface
Usage:

• for building-in handly flashlights, controlled by back tail switch or side switch
  • for building-in headlamps
Controlling by external switch (standard):
driver built-in headlamp or flashlight with side switch

• click - power on / off lighting
  • long press - cycling of modes
  • double click - activation / deactivation special modes. If more than one special mode, it is possible cycling special modes by long press. Selected special mode is store in memory.
  • triple click - activation / deactivation lock switch to prevent accidental turn on lighting.
  • standard modes setting: super lo, lo, mid, high, super high; special modes: super high, ultra high, blinking
  • corresponding currents: 30 mA (super lo), 90 mA, 300 mA, 600 mA, 1 400 mA, 2 800 mA (ulra high)
Controlling by main switch:
driver built-in flashlight with back button

• power on / off
  • short button press - switch to next mode
  • default count of modes is limited to 3: lo, mid, high
  • corresponding currents: 30 mA, 300 mA, 2 000 mA

Latest posts