PD32 stopped working!!!

xian13

Newly Enlightened
I've got a relatively newWith only a week carried Fenix PD32. (Bought BNIB in November) Picked it up the other day- clicked it on, it stayed black. Checked the battery, it's good. Ttried another good battery, nada.It just won't turn on. Anyone else with this problem? HELP!!!:mad:

yliu

Enlightened
Bring it back to where u bought it. The warranty should cover it.

You might also want to check if the contacts are clean.

HIDblue

Enlightened
You may want to check the tail cap for a loose retaining ring. The clicky is sometimes held in place with a retaining ring with either two small dimples or notches that screw it down into the tail cap. I've had the retaining rings come loose on several of my lights which would cause the light to flicker and then just stop working. Just tighten down the retaining ring with some needle nose pliers and it may solve your problem.

And of course, completely clean the contacts and threads while you're at it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you own a DMM (digital multi meter), or even an analogue model, you can remove the tailcap, set the MM to read volts~DC, put the negative probe on the negative end of the battery while it's inserted against the positive end of the driver/pill and touch the postive probe to an unanodized portion of the body's end and see if you can't get the emitter to at least pop on, as this will confirm that it's a switch issue.

Mine has been fine since January, but I don't use it a lot. I was playing with it last night, however and it's a nifty little light.

Chris

ragweed

Enlightened
We don't get many posts about Fenix lights going South but, I guess its possible.

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
if you read my posts about my dealings with their customer service you will know exactly what to do