How Do I Remove LED Module from P20C2 Mark II?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I know it is supposed to unscrew but mine doesnt. Is it glued? Is there a trick to it? Pics would be fabulous.

Thanks

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
As for mine I unscrewed the bessel and took the assembly out. The pill assembly has reverse threads so you will have to twist it the opposite direction. If you want the actual led out you will have to twist off the reflector with pliers, it is glued. That will expose the led. If I remember the rest unscrews as well but if you are just swapping out the pill assembly for a new one it is reverse threads.
I know it is supposed to unscrew but mine doesn't. Is it glued? Is there a trick to it? Pics would be fabulous.

Thanks

recDNA

Flashaholic
As for mine I unscrewed the bessel and took the assembly out. The pill assembly has reverse threads so you will have to twist it the opposite direction. If you want the actual led out you will have to twist off the reflector with pliers, it is glued. That will expose the led. If I remember the rest unscrews as well but if you are just swapping out the pill assembly for a new one it is reverse threads.

I dont understand how or where to unscrew the entire unit to replace it? The reflector has gnurling ring on it. Is that what I twist? Do I have to remover the little plastic ring inside?

Last edited: