Fenix TK35 problem

ccjwong

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

My name is John and I am from Hong Kong. I've been playing around with flashlights for some time and been reading threads from this forum from time to time. I have to say this is the best and most awesome flashlight forum. But I am a new member here and this is my first post. Hope guys here can help me out.

I got my Fenix TK35 for around a week or so, and today I found that it could not go into turbo mode (i.e. to 800 lumens). I have never dropped it or abused it or whatever. Although in the beginning I did use 4 x 16340 as batteries (which I only noticed later on from the manual that it's banned), I am now using the primary lithium CR123A batteries. So do you guys have any ideas what's wrong with my TK35?

Thanks first!

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Try out quality batteries, i watched in goinggear.com that most problems are due to battery problems. Next culprit is the switch.

Good luck and hope your light is all right! Hi to a fellow resident!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
try switching to 18650's better runtime and cheaper as these are rechargeables.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Most likely it just the primary cells not being able to supply sufficient power. Switch to a trusted name brand and see (preferably made in Japan or USA cells, or made-in-China for US firms). Two good quality 18650s would also be a good choice.

Although it's possible the 4xRCR stint may have damaged the circuit, in my experience that is more likely to simply provide the magic smoke (i.e.,:poof:) than selectively reduce modes. The light is probably fine.

:welcome:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the bateries are too weak, it won't go in turbo or will go in turbo for a second then step down to the next mode. Try new batteries. I doubt there is any damage as it sounds like all the other modes work fine. You might also want to clean all the contacts just to be on the safe side.