Thrunite T10 failure (am I unlucky?)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a used T10 in good condition yesterday. I put in a freshly charged Eneloop, turned it on high, and tailstanded on my kitchen counter. In less than 60 seconds, the light began to flicker, and then it shut off. I was able to turn it back on by loosening & tightening the head, but the same thing happened again. I tried an alkaline AA with the same result.

And, as I always do with my new EDC lights, I did a drop test on my tile kitchen floor. The light went out, and I haven't been able to turn it back on.

This is the third Chinese made LED light that's failed on me (two Fenix, E21 and LD10, and now this T10). Am I unlucky, or are their lights really this poor?

Last edited:

Danielight

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your problem with the Thrunite T10. You did mention that the light was used ... do you have any recourse with the seller? I happen to have a Thrunite Ti ("firefly" model); bought it new, and it has worked fine.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your problem with the Thrunite T10. You did mention that the light was used ... do you have any recourse with the seller? I happen to have a Thrunite Ti ("firefly" model); bought it new, and it has worked fine.

This was a firefly model as well, and I will contact the seller, but I'm not sure what recourse I have as it was a private listing on another forum...