Tigerlight story

Ross

Enlightened
Before I start, perhaps I should mention that I'm a police officer based in Edinburgh, UK.

I was working a 1700 - 0300 shift last weekend, working in the centre of Edinburgh. Now, I'm not sure if anyone has been to Edinburgh but it is a beautiful city, full of lovely buildings and intricate architecture. Our force has a new policy which means that the centre of town is flooded with police officers on Friday & Saturday evenings, so there was loads of us about. I managed to find a nice vantage point, right beneath Edinburgh Castle, and spent an hour lighting up various historic buildings in the centre of Edinburgh with my Tigerlight (with the new LA and a new lens from www.flashlightlens.com)
I should mention that it was a particularly quiet evening (police-wise) and should anything have happenned that required my presence, I would have been there in an instant.
If you;ve not managed to get across to Edinburgh, you really should and if you see a Police Officer with a Tigerlight - it will be me, because I'm the only one!

Ross

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Ross,

How do your fellow officers feel about your Tigerlight and your Flashaholism, Are any of them "Enlightened"?

Brightnorm

Ross

Enlightened
I have managed to get one of my colleagues to buy an E2E (which he LOVES) and I always seem to loan my G2 whenever we get a call which requires a flashlight!
No other Tigerlights as yet.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds wonderful. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the motherland, But, I think by then, there will be two LEOs with Tigerlights...

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Ross, I was in Scotland in '86 and '88.

I remember sitting in the Edinburgh Airport and watching every form of precipitation occur within one hour. Sunshine, fog, misting, drizzle, rain, sleet, snow and sunshine again.

I loved walking overland and down into the village of Gartmore. It's a great country for walking, so picturesque it almost makes your heart ache.

I about froze in November of '86. Freezing rain blew sideways. I got someone to drive me into Sterlingshire and I bought 5 wool sweaters. They are all still in service with sons, nieces and nephews.

What a place. I carried a Mini-Maglite everywhere back then. Used it to light my path walking back from the Gartmore Pub at about 16-1700. The sun set a little after 1600 if I recall correctly.

BC