Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky reviewed

How is the XML-U2 compared to XPG-S2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rastigo

Newly Enlightened
Hi...I recently purchased the Eagletac D25LC2 rear clicky XPG-S2 flashlight and boy it is a miracle one. The flashlight throws a clean beam about 200mtrs which is concentrated and clear. This is in contrast to the XML U2 versions which just lights up a great area although the beam is nt as good as the XPG S2. The flashlight performs outstanding even in lit conditions.

The build quality is excellent with amazing finish on the reflector and glass. The LED is perfectly centre aligned and the light is really small for the amount of light it can throw. The XML is a larger LED resulting in more Lumens but they are spread on an area. Thus the XML is a great light indoors...but outdoors the XPG S2 rules in terms of beam profile and the throw distance.

The clip is a strong one with great tension and can fit perfectly on to the Holster provided. I am not sure how to change the clip orientation...if anyone can throw light on the same....:confused:

The modes are awesome and the mode 1 is clear...Turbo & strobe just what is needed. Mode 2 has L_M_H_L_M_H_Str I/II_Fla I/II_Beacon...etc. I noticed that there isnt much of difference between the Turbo in Mode 1 and High in Mode 2. Although the light can satisfy all your illumination needs.

I have the Ultrafire Lights also and I will shortly post my reviews on the same. The EAGTAC is available for $50 which is a small price for the wonder included. I will also post the pics of the light shortly. Hope the review was helpful to those considering buying this flashlight....Enjoy:kiss:

ClassicGOD

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure how to change the clip orientation...if anyone can throw light on the same....:confused:
Just reverse the the battery tube - screw your head in the place of tail cap and the tail cap in place of the head and you got a reversed clip ;)

I prefer U2 - I just prefer flood to throw.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to the forum!!

picpz.png

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I feel you've missed the mark with your poll, i don't see any of your choices as valid, the XML and XPG offer different features rather than one being better than the other both LEDs will appeal to different users.

Norm

sspc

Newly Enlightened
welcome to the forum

in honor and respect(!) of the oeuvre of supporting members (HKJ, selfbuilt, turboBB, Bigmac_79, ti-force, subwoofer) a flashlight review consists per definitionem of 3 long pages with critical attention to details and the non-obvious, contains several selfbuilt photos of any sort (beam slice, outdoors beamshot, white wall shot, ceiling bounce, or similar), runtime tests, measurements and their graphical representation of output (lumen, lux, candela), of throw, of temperature, of amperage, of other electrographical quantities (voltage, energy, frictional dissipation, elasticity, performance, efficiency, etc., see HKJ's website) and most of all a clear structure (chapters, sections, paragraphs). what amazon calls "customer review" insults the aforementioned but i do like their "poll" button, see below. anyway thanks for sharing your quick thoughts on the product, Eagtac is exciting and very competitive i agree :huh:
Actually, I enjoy any review that has thoughts on a product. Some reviews are more detailed than others but when researching a product the more information the better. The detailed reviews will continue to be done by the talented detailed reviewers and the rest will be welcomed thoughts and impressions.

Thank you rastigo for sharing your thoughts and impressions.

Danielight

Enlightened
Does it tailstand cleanly?
My D25LC2 is actually a twisty model converted using the clicky battery tube (or, to use zenbeam's term, "clicky-verter"). The light does tailstand, but the rubber clicky switch protrudes very slightly, so there is a little wobble ... not bad, though. I'm not sure if the switch on the actual clicky model is completely recessed.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Thanks for the review Rastigo! It's always nice to see reviews from users as well as our standard reviewers. Veteran members scour CPF for any and all data about flashlights they're considering for purchase!

melty

Newly Enlightened
My D25LC2 is actually a twisty model converted using the clicky battery tube (or, to use zenbeam's term, "clicky-verter"). The light does tailstand, but the rubber clicky switch protrudes very slightly, so there is a little wobble ... not bad, though. I'm not sure if the switch on the actual clicky model is completely recessed.

It's not. My clicky also does a wobbly tailstand. It actually balances on the button itself (on a level surface), the bezel just acts as backup support. :shrug:

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened
I have one and my tailstands with out a problem at all no wobble whatsoever.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi...I recently purchased the Eagletac D25LC2 rear clicky XPG-S2 flashlight and boy it is a miracle one. The flashlight throws a clean beam about 200mtrs which is concentrated and clear. This is in contrast to the XML U2 versions which just lights up a great area although the beam is nt as good as the XPG S2. The flashlight performs outstanding even in lit conditions.

The build quality is excellent with amazing finish on the reflector and glass. The LED is perfectly centre aligned and the light is really small for the amount of light it can throw. The XML is a larger LED resulting in more Lumens but they are spread on an area. Thus the XML is a great light indoors...but outdoors the XPG S2 rules in terms of beam profile and the throw distance.

The clip is a strong one with great tension and can fit perfectly on to the Holster provided. I am not sure how to change the clip orientation...if anyone can throw light on the same....:confused:

The modes are awesome and the mode 1 is clear...Turbo & strobe just what is needed. Mode 2 has L_M_H_L_M_H_Str I/II_Fla I/II_Beacon...etc. I noticed that there isnt much of difference between the Turbo in Mode 1 and High in Mode 2. Although the light can satisfy all your illumination needs.

I have the Ultrafire Lights also and I will shortly post my reviews on the same. The EAGTAC is available for $50 which is a small price for the wonder included. I will also post the pics of the light shortly. Hope the review was helpful to those considering buying this flashlight....Enjoy:kiss:

Good basic review. Unlike 1 poster here said, I like to read the shorter, right to the point reviews just as much as the detailed ones. There are some great detailed reviewers here, who's reviews have been important in helping me decide which lights and batteries to buy. Its good to be able to look at charts, graphs and see all the specs listed in a review.

But I also like shorter reviews that just give me a good idea of whether or not I should spend the money on a certain light or not.

Such as the Lumapower D Mini Ex-2 I just received and opened up about 2 hours ago. I will give you a quick, to the point review of it right now, so here goes:

**It's complete crap, dont buy the Lumapower D Mini EX-2!

For real though, I will post a basic review of the Luma D Mini EX-2 shortly, and I'll tell you why it's crap, as there are many reasons. In fact, the reason I am reading this review of the Eagletac D25 is because I am going to return the Luma D Mini and swap it for another light that Illuminationgear sells, and this was the main contender for a swap.

rastigo

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned in one of the threads.....I wanted to add a detailed review...but couldnt upload images of the product... As regards comparison of XM-L and XP-G is concerned I am of the view that the high lumens in XML are spread over an area owing to the larger LED die and XP_G lumens are concentrated owing to smaller LED die. Thats why the XP-G even though throws out only 400~ Lumens as compared to XM-L which can throw 700~Lumens the beam of XP-G is more far projecting and better to find a far object. The XM-L is better for lighting up a room but the XP-G is a better beamer. XM-L has a floody light meaning the light is flooded and has no specific sweet spot.
XP-G on the other hand does not offer a flooded beam but a defined concentrated one.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages...both suit differently to different needs and likes. I prefer XP-G..

If anyone has any thoughts on these 2 LED's please share them...

Also is the XT-E a good emitter???? need advice on this issue pl

rastigo

Newly Enlightened
Hi...I am back with my d25lc2 review.

The light is awesome and as compared to an ultrafire xm-l t6 this light has the xp-g s2. the Egtc outperforms the ultrafire in every way....guess thats why ultrafires are so cheap as compared to Egtc.
In continuation to XML vs XPG:

The xml is a floodier light with good spill. the light lights up the room nicely but when you use it outside one cant make out the hotspot of the beam. The light lights up a great area in the circle over which it spreads the beam. But the beam cannot be said to be far reaching as the light spreads than it penetrates the darkness. But this does not mean that xm-l is not a good emitter. it is the brightest of all cree LED's.

However the xpg emitter has a better hot spot and far reaching beam. the light travels upto 250mtrs easily and i can see the hotspot clearly. There isnt a good spill and the light fails to light the room completely. but i feel that it is one of the best lights outside.

I want to say one more thing that I am not being biased towards the xp-g but the review is based on the lights tested by me.

By the way How good is the XT-E emitter. Please someone throw light on this emitter

zenbeam

Enlightened
By the way How good is the XT-E emitter. Please someone throw light on this emitter

No pun intended eh? ;)

The last I heard was that the XT-E lights were returned by retailers to EagleTac due to poor beam quality issues.

Anyone have any updates to this?

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I just got my D25L2C clicky in the XPG neutral, I thought it had a memory mode but this model doesn't. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

Atakdog

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 questions you might be able to awnser about the D25LC2 Clicky for me.
1. I assume you dont have equipment to measure it, but do you think it is completely current regulated on turbo, as in flat regulation after the initial output boost?
2. Does it actually have a moonlight mode? I heard the XM-l version dosen't have a moonlight because of the higher amperage circuitry.

About the XM-l vs XP-G, they are completely different LEDs.
Xm-l will give better output, not as much throw or runtime.
Xp-g will give you better throw, longer runtime, but less overall output.
I personally prefer Xp-g for most lights, as I value throw more than overall output.
You cannot say which is better, each is better in certain areas.

rastigo

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate that the XTE was returned by EGTAC as in quite a few posts I have read that the emitter fails in terms of beam profile and light output. The XM-L does consume more battery shortening runtime...and does heat up fast .... my uf2100 bezel gets hot in seconds.

I heard a lot about the Klarus X11...it is a really ggod light as claimed... but still feel that EAGTAC's are better in terms of size and functionality.

One of the posts mentioned the memory mode being absent on the D25LC2 clicky which is true. I read that the memory mode is available only on the d25a and d25c.

I also want to know if i can have a xml drop in for the d25lc2 clicky......??:hitit:

iowatollah

Newly Enlightened
With the exception of my Zebra sc600 my D25LC2 mini (twisty) is my chosen EDC. Why do people prefer the more complex UI and longer body style of the clicky? Four light levels with simple twists of the bezel. I sold my new Klarius XT2C (a very well designed light) because the Eagletac is smaller, easier to operate yet has great spot and flood.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=2]Poll: How is the XML-U2 compared to XPG-S2[/h]
I voted 'Worst' because it is the worst poll ever.

Is the XMLU2 brighter with a bigger hotspot or does the XPGS2 have more throw?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the exception of my Zebra sc600 my D25LC2 mini (twisty) is my chosen EDC. Why do people prefer the more complex UI and longer body style of the clicky? Four light levels with simple twists of the bezel. I sold my new Klarius XT2C (a very well designed light) because the Eagletac is smaller, easier to operate yet has great spot and flood.

i'd love to have a D25LC2 mini (twisty) that has:

1) XM-L
2) moon mode
3) clip that doesn't "land" on knurling

that would make a great EDC

Latest posts