lsh-p lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an lsh-p from island security store (got it the next day!). there is a plastic film over the lens. do i remove it or is it that silicon protector thingy?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's up to you...it provides a little extra protection from light scratches if in place, but "could" affect the beam a little (though not much - if noticeable at all). I have several ARC LSs...I left it on the ones that have it.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the wonderful world of ARC lightning. The film does actually affect the beam to an extent. If you have a pouch for it or are planning on carrying it in a way that protects the lens I would go ahead and take the film off. However, if you will be carrying it in your pocket or in a way that might get it scratched I would leave it on. I took it off my recently purchased LSL-S and it did seem to increase the brighness and smoothness of the beam. So it's up to you. Hope you enjoy your recent purchase!

Connor

Enlightened
lightning,

you do want to remove the plastic film cover. It is substracting at least 8% (probably more) of the total brightness of your ARC LS.

-Connor

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Despite Peter's explanation of his preference for polycarbonate as opposed to glass lenses, I wish we had a Pyrex option.

Brightnorm

lightning

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the tips. I think I'll take it off. I've read somewhere that the lens could be polished if scratched. Has anyone tried this? What products would be the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.