surefire g2 nitrolon

fishndad

Enlightened
sorry if this question is dumb to most of you.
can this model, G2 Nitrolon, be modded like all other surefires?
i wont to get into modding as a hobby and this light is very reasonably priced.
and i dont want to start off spending hundreds of $'s making mistakes.
my logic is to start with 1 complete unit (complete head assembly,body,tailcap with switch)
Thanks.

allburger

Enlightened
If you are interested in doing an LED mod, please keep in mind that an aluminum flashlight, or at least an aluminum head does much better to dissipate the heat generated by an led. If you are new to this, you may not know, but LED's get very hot when driven to 1A+. To keep them running at an elevated brightness and have them last a long time, then they need to keep cool by transferring the heat away from the bulb and into the aluminum of a flashlight body or bezel.

May I suggest that you look at lighthound.com and check out Solarforce hosts. They share the same thread sizes and surefire and parts are interchangeable. I have become a fan of the solarforce products because they are aluminum and are cheaper than even the lowest price G2.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a private message.

fishndad

Enlightened
Yea thanks for that. I guess i did know exactly what your talking about i just didnt put 2 and 2 together.
I havnt purchased the surefire yet(althought im gettin one anyway).But i will divert to the solarforce,just read a post on them today.
I did see they are not at all pricy.
Again thanks