Crelant 7g5 v2

Sintro

Newly Enlightened
I'm still going to get the light, I'm just wondering if there are any mode problems. I keep hearing about the mode problems.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Nothing wrong with the light...The only issue that some folks have is the strobe mode. Honestly, there should be a low-med-high instead of high-med-strobe. The memory mode isn't in the switch on, wait for a few seconds and switch off. It's different in the case that you'd have to wait 5 seconds after you've turned the light off to recognize the last mode. Aside from that, the strobe is the only thing I dislike from the light.

Nonetheless, it's an amazing thrower for the lowest price you can't beat. Did I forget? The new aspheric head is available at some sites where you can buy separately. Derelight DBS-T is double the price of this guy.

biglights

Enlightened
7G5-V2 Collimator Head, is this what the new aspheric head is.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Indeed it is...I'm waiting for madecov to release them because I bought my light from him for $87 USD. Supposedly, we get a discounted price on the head as it comes in a whole package with the light (only the light was available at the time).

zenbeam

Enlightened
7G5-V2 Collimator Head, is this what the new aspheric head is.

Yupper. Check out post #167 for beamshots and #155 for a nice mfg shot of the product - in THIS amazing and oh so revealing thread.

I picked up a 7G5-V2 recently and will definitely grab the Collimator Head. With the extension tube and completely different head to exchange, it becomes a Frankenstein light! Maybe it should be nicknamed "the Frankenstein" (along the same lines as the Tiny Monster). :cool: