Different iTP A3 Upgraded lights? Pics inside

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I purchased an iTP A3 '96 lumen Upgraded' light a few months ago and it's been working great. I decided to pick up another one, the same one, and it also works great. However, I noticed the markings and fonts are different between the 2 lights, but everything else from what I can tell looks the same. Both lights were purchased off of Amazon, and from different sellers.

- both have the same body, same straight grooves, same dimensions, same texture & color
- both have the same LED (from what I can tell)
- both have the same style orange peel reflector
- both circuit boards look identical
- both have exactly the same light output and color using a 10440 and AAA (side by side on a white wall)
- both boxes look identical

From what I can tell, the only differences between the lights appear to just be the etched logos & markings on it. But what I find weird is that the iTP logo itself is in a different font, and there's a serial number on one and not the other. Also, the UPGRADED text has slightly different font as well.

It appears that the aimkon light was possibly a blank body from iTP (or from Olight, or somebody else), and they may have just etched their own logo and markings onto it. But nothing on their website would point to this, as it appears they're just another distributor of iTP lights.

Has anyone seen this before, or are there any negative aspects or issues from having one light over the other? Both work well, so I have no problems with either. But I would like to know if one is a knock-off copy or possibly if a company is doing something that they shouldn't be doing.

Here are some pics. Throughout all of the pics, the old light & cap is on the right side, new light is on the left.

Body1a.jpg

Body2.jpg

Cap_LED.jpg

Cap_Inner.jpg

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
I bought one a few months ago and it looks exactly the same as the one on the left (the one with no aimkon.com).

Lichtinsdunkel

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago. It looks like the one on the left picture, but mine doesn't have a serial number. Maybe it depends on the distributor where Amaton gets the lights from and so maybe the new ones all have the "aimkon" branding.

Regards
Walter

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
I have a few iTP lights... 1 x A3, 2 x A2, and 2 x A1. All of mine are marked normal except 1 of my A1s. It has the same Aimkon markings. Every thing about the light appears to be normal for an iTP light (its identical to my other A1... including the factory iTP packaging and instruction card). I bought it from a vendor on Ebay under the name Aimkon, so I just assume it's a special run of iTPs that they had made up to promote their business. Kind of like how some businesses get those cheaper keychain lights made with their business name on them or some businesses get ink pens made. Also if you go to there website they appear to be a legit outfitter.

Last edited: