Best Flashlights from China

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Hi! I'm just curious as to what Chinese light brands people like best? I'm kinda liking klarus at the moment but to everyone else, which one do you think is the best brand? Give me at least your top three as I'd like to try out more Chinese brands. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! I'm just curious as to what Chinese light brands people like best? I'm kinda liking klarus at the moment but to everyone else, which one do you think is the best brand? Give me at least your top three as I'd like to try out more Chinese brands. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not in order...

Thrunite
Sunwayman
Jetbeam

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
There really are not that many bad lights. You just need to pick the model that has the features and specifications that fit your needs. Even the lessser known brands are making some nice stuff.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
in terms of product quality, i feel most brands from china are very similar.
slight edge going to Fenix because they do much of their own manufacturing, while most the other brands seem to be done by the same 1 or 2 factories.

in my opinion, the better brands are set apart by their commitment to customer service.
ive experienced excellent first hand service from Fenix.
ive also heard many good things about Eagletac, and Sunwayman customer service.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I like Klarus too. Foursevens stuff has been excellent too. The Fenix I have are also good, as are the Olights and Zebralights.

I just got a Crelant 7G5 V2 a month ago, and I've been impressed with it so far. Its my only Crelant, but if it continues to hold up to my abuse from work and as a weapon light...I will get more of them.

:D

Last edited:

fishndad

Enlightened
the ones that are represented by U.S. companies will tend to have the better build quality.Many of the no name brands
that fook like fenix or jet beam for example, have tended to be poorly pieced together IMO.
Though other than some highend brands or a few budget models most are built in China.Just an unfortunate state of things these days.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Most are from China are they not :thinking:

There are a few American companies, for example Bright Star, Surefire, Pelican, Maglite, and Germans like Lenser or French like Lupine, etc....but VOLUME-wise, the Chinese companies are doing very well. They tend to be able to make the lights cheaply due to their supply chains and labor market, and complete lack of effective regard for patents, etc.

Some of them, mostly named above in the thread, seem to play fair, and make good stuff, and have earned a following. Others seem to be making anything for anyone a la cart.

fishndad

Enlightened
There are a few American companies, for example Bright Star, Surefire, Pelican, Maglite, and Germans like Lenser or French like Lupine, etc....but VOLUME-wise, the Chinese companies are doing very well. They tend to be able to make the lights cheaply due to their supply chains and labor market, and complete lack of effective regard for patents, etc.

Some of them, mostly named above in the thread, seem to play fair, and make good stuff, and have earned a following. Others seem to be making anything for anyone a la cart.

Great reply right to the point. There is hope for you after all ROFL.

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
Imo and in no particular order-

FourSevens
Fenix
Klarus
Sunwayman
EagleTac
Zebralight

Can't go wrong with any of those. Any between all of that, there's bound to be a light for everyone's specifications!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, Sunwayman and FourSevens stands out for their quality while Fenix are able to out out very good lights time and again

fishndad

Enlightened
For me, Sunwayman and FourSevens stands out for their quality while Fenix are able to out out very good lights time and again

Seems like foursevens and Fenix IMO are standing still. Not pushing the envelope so to speak.Of course some may say
if you got a good thing why mess it up.However i think sunwayman,jetbeam and thrunight,just to mention e few.
Are constantly pushing forward.Just my limited observation and ive only recently gottin the Light Bug.

davyro

Enlightened
The best quality flashlight i own from a Chinese company is my Dereelight DBS,it's very robust & well built.After that i'd say Jetbeam was in second place followed by Thrunite in 3rd place

HaileStorm

Enlightened
in terms of product quality, i feel most brands from china are very similar.
slight edge going to Fenix because they do much of their own manufacturing, while most the other brands seem to be done by the same 1 or 2 factories.

in my opinion, the better brands are set apart by their commitment to customer service.
ive experienced excellent first hand service from Fenix.
ive also heard many good things about Eagletac, and Sunwayman customer service.

Does 4sevens have their own manufacturing? Everyone seems to have good feedback with 4sevens... Just skimming through this thread, it seems 4sevens, fenix and sunwayman have the edge.

Any feedback on Niteye? The eye10 seems like it's built well.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any feedback on Niteye? The eye10 seems like it's built well.

I have a couple of EYE30s and they seems very well built..but would like to see a few more of their offering before I can jump into any educated conclusions.

I also thot Xeno to be the up and coming brand but their quality seems to be inconsistent (but their accessories are very nice tho) so my comments are based on a series of lights from any one company

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I have a couple of EYE30s and they seems very well built..but would like to see a few more of their offering before I can jump into any educated conclusions.

I also thot Xeno to be the up and coming brand but their quality seems to be inconsistent (but their accessories are very nice tho) so my comments are based on a series of lights from any one company

I've also heard of this brand, a friend has one. It seems okay but not yet in the same ranks as fenix and klarus, imo.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
I like Jetbeam and Sunwayman. Jetbeam a lil more expensive than SWM. SWM is very responsive to the market and gives great customer services. Even with the v10r ti and v11r issues, they really seem to try and resolve issues. I know some people will say that they didnt release a perfect product, but I'm a lil forgiving to those who try to push the edge a lil.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imo and in no particular order-

FourSevens
Fenix
Klarus
Sunwayman
EagleTac
Zebralight

Can't go wrong with any of those. Any between all of that, there's bound to be a light for everyone's specifications!
If we're allowed to name more than three than we could name the full list of Top10 Chinalamps, in no order:
1. fenix
2. jetbeam / nitecore (they are the same)
3. klarus
4. olight / itp (they are the same)
5. four sevens
6. zebralight / spark (they are the same)
7. eagletac / eagtac (they are the same)
8. sunwayman
9. solarforce / romisen / tank007 (established non-premium)
10. xeno (emerging brand)