just got my Klarus MiX6 Ti

jerry i h

Enlightened
(I still do not have a cam, so no beamshots or comparisons; pity: I now have 3 titanium AAA lights plus the older LD01 for comparison)
First impression: i prefer it over LD01, Illuminati CA1-Ti, A3 EOS Titanium. Doing some white wall hunting, it has a slightly more cold, neutral tint than the others. Other than that, the beams are essentially the same, altough the three XP-G R5's are slightly brighter than the older LD01 (Q5? RB10?). It resembles the DQG in post #456 : a slim tube with no features. It has a burnished finish, and you could easily mistake it for burnished aluminum, although the color tone is slightly darker.
it costs an andy-jackson extra over the other Ti lights, but I think it is worth it. I have replaced my AOS with the Klarus as my EDC on my keychain. I will give a usage report in a few weeks.

PROS

• PWM undetectable
  • easy to twist head
  • smaller and lighter than illuminati or A3 EOS

CONS

• initial mode is medium, not low
  • key ring and battery not included
  • does not tailstand
  • made in Guangdong

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
many of us have the MiX6 incl myself. it's a key product in the klarus otherwise small product line (Mi-series, P-series, XT-series are the well-selling series). there is much more to note or comment on the product. at least you didnt title your thread as "My Klarus MiX6 Ti review" ;)

Last edited:

JulianP

Enlightened
CONS

• made in Guangdong
How is this a negative? Surely not everything made in Guandong is shoddy, poorly finished, contaminated or radioactive (I hope).:devil:
I like my MiX6, but as Shelm knows, it's only stainless steel.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three of them (s/s, Ti & Au) and I like them all. :cool:

BTW in my case a split ring was always included in the box and the dealer also put in a free battery. :)

jerry i h

Enlightened
EDC report - very nice indeed

this has been on keychain for a couple of months on a daily basis: it goes with me every time I leave the house. Truthfully, I was surprised how much more I like it than the iTP A3 EOS. It is only slightly smaller and lighter, but when it is in your pocket all day, you can really notice the difference.

It is much easier to twist the head, and unlike the A3, I can do it with one hand. 2 months in my pocket, it is still easy to twist. OOC, I wiped the threads, and the Klarus also had grey powder, but not as much.

Since the finish is burnished, it looks the same as when it was brand new, and is none the worse for wear.

My only complaint is that the initial mode is medium rather than low.

In sum, I prefer the Klarus and recommend it over the iTP or the Illuminati versions.

Last edited:

Jimbo75

Newly Enlightened
Re: EDC report - very nice indeed

This is good news. I have a MiX6 SS on the way and bought it without reading too much about it. Your only complaint regarding starting on medium is one that I see as positive for my intended use.

Thanks for the feed back, I'm looking forward to mine a little more now.

JulianP

Enlightened

I also changed my keyring over, from the ITP A3 to MiX6. I miss the brightness, as the ITP on Lithium is a day-breaker. The MiX6 however has strobe, and I can use it to signal people I have to meet in crowds. You can see the strobe from across the street, while a normal beam would just blend in with city lights.

jerry i h

Enlightened

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but here is an update.
this has been on my keychain for over a year. when I first put it on my keychain, I put one of those L92 in it.
**unlike the Illumina or ITP, the head is still super easy to twist. no detectable thread galling.
**it is used many times daily at work, tho usually only for a couple of minutes. never failed me.
**I still have the original Energizer lithium battery, still going strong.
give this the highest possible recommendation.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine are included in a rather wide rotation so they don't get much use but they are still like new. :thumbsup:

waywardgeek

Newly Enlightened

Mine are included in a rather wide rotation so they don't get much use but they are still like new. :thumbsup:
Mine is the gold plated version, which I thought would scratch off -- nope! I put it in the same pocket as my keys, every day for a year, and there's not a scratch on it. There is zero evidence of wear and tear of any kind, even though I use it multiple times a day, and have several times dropped it on concrete. It's bullet proof.

That said, until Klarus or someone familiar with the situation can explain it, I cannot recommend a light that Klarus apparently stole from Foursevens. This light is basically a rip off of the Foursevens Rivo. For this reason, I personally will avoid all Klarus lights in the future.