Fenix LD20 R5 problem HELP

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
When I turn the head for low mode and press the emitter head the light flickers. Sometimes when I press it, the light turns off and I can't turn it on for about three minutes. Does anyone else have this problem?

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried cleaning all of the threads, including the ends of the body tube? Also check the aluminum ring inside the tailcap for tightness. Use a small pair of needle-nose pliers as a spanner wrench in the two small holes in the ring to tighten it. When that ring starts to get loose, you can get some flickering or no light at all. Dirty threads and oxidized surface on the ends of the body tube can cause weirdness too.

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried cleaning all of the threads, including the ends of the body tube? Also check the aluminum ring inside the tailcap for tightness. Use a small pair of needle-nose pliers as a spanner wrench in the two small holes in the ring to tighten it. When that ring starts to get loose, you can get some flickering or no light at all. Dirty threads and oxidized surface on the ends of the body tube can cause weirdness too.
I tried cleaning and tightening the tailcap. I mentioned that in the post.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
what do you mean emitter head? tail switch?

The emitter head is the section of the light with the led emitter, the body is the middle section that holds the batteries, the tail-end of the light usually has the on/off switch.

Where the emitter head screws onto the body of the light is an electrical contact point. If dirt or dust works it's way onto the threads at the head/body connection point, then the light can begin to behave in unusual ways.

If you unscrew the head from the light, you can run a cotton q-tip over the threads to remove any dirty build-up.

Edit: "When I turn the head for low mode and press the emitter head the light flickers."

Then you are not loosening it enough, give it another quarter of a turn, or just stop bumping the loosened head on things.

Last edited:

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then you are not loosening it enough, give it another quarter of a turn, or just stop bumping the loosened head on things.
Definitely, try loosening the head more. I usually give most of my lights a good 90 to 180 degree turn.

Also, try not to press on the loosened head. I really can't think of a reason to press on the head except to see if you can make the light malfunction.

These two things should sort out the problem for you.