SUNWAYMAN T40CS VS FENIX TK41

MT7

Newly Enlightened
hey everyone,
I want to buy for me a first thrower,my budget is 145$ (if I going to get a 18650 flashlight the budget include-flashlight+18650 batteries+charger and if it is AA the budget include only the flashlight)
I saw the FENIX TK41 and the Sunayman T40CS,and they look very nice...
the throw of the flashlight is also the same (Fenix TK41-472 meters , Sunwayman T40CS-500 meters),but in beamshots it is look like the Sunwayman have more throw than the Fenix TK41
and also the lumens (Fenix TK41-800 lumens , Sunwayman T40CS-788 lumens)
the Sunwayman runs on 18650 which have a risk of explodion.
which flashlight is the best for my requirements?
are you know any other flashlight which better for my requirements?
are anybody has the flashlights both,and can he tell me which flashlight is better?
thanks advance...

kj2

Flashaholic
If you don't want to take the risk with the batteries I say, go for the TK41. Have that light too, love it love it love it. Throw is amazing, easy to switch modes, feel solid in my hand.
At the other hand- T40CS has more throw. T40CS is coming with a upgrade to a U2 led soon. And of course, 2* 18650 weights less than 8* AA.
Both lights are great. It's just what you prefer qua batteries.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
If you don't want to take the risk with the batteries I say, go for the TK41. Have that light too, love it love it love it. Throw is amazing, easy to switch modes, feel solid in my hand.
At the other hand- T40CS has more throw. T40CS is coming with a upgrade to a U2 led soon. And of course, 2* 18650 weights less than 8* AA.
Both lights are great. It's just what you prefer qua batteries.
OK,thanks.
anybody else?
are there somebody has the both flashlights? fenix TK41 and Sunwayman T40CS.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I say save yourself the money and just buy 2 of FandyFire STL-V6. You'll have just as good if not better of a thrower. I have all of these lights and for the money the FandyFire STL-V6 is the best XM-L thrower out there.

You can buy it from Deal Xtreme for $45 shipped.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
FandyFire STL-V6 70yds 1/2sec shutter and 3.2 focal

DSCF3468Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Olight M3X 70yds same settings as above. My M3X will out throw all my XM-L throwers besides my Crelant 7G5 and probably the FeniX TK70.

But you can see how close the FandyFire is to the M3X. M3X wins by a hair.

DSCF3469Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Now having spilled my guts to you, I will admit that the Fenix TK41 is probably my favorite flashlight. It rates right up at the top of my collection. And so does the Sunwayman T40CS. Both are very nice quality flashlights and the finish on each is awesome. I was just trying to save some of your hard earned money from a guy that has a lot of XM-L throwers to compare.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Now having spilled my guts to you, I will admit that the Fenix TK41 is probably my favorite flashlight. It rates right up at the top of my collection. And so does the Sunwayman T40CS. Both are very nice quality flashlights and the finish on each is awesome. I was just trying to save some of your hard earned money from a guy that has a lot of XM-L thrO
wers to compare.
Ok,thanks. But I want a really good build quality flashlight, something I can trust in any
Situation,so I am don't want a flashlight from deal extreme...

Can you tell me your personal experience with both lights? fenix tk41 and
Sunwayman t40cs...
Which is better flashlights (turbines,build quality,throw,batteries etc.)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Let me show you some pictures of each at 60yds. This should give you a very good sample of what to expect in real life with each. I just got done taking these.

Manual setting 0.7 sec shutter 4/F ISO400

Fenix TK41

DSCF3544Small.jpg

Sunwayman T40CS

DSCF3521Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The Sunwayman T40CS is the better thrower. They both are very good quality lights. I like the TK41 because it runs on AA batteries. I use AA nimh batteries. Both are about neck and neck on quality. I can't tell you which one to pick. But if you want the best thrower, I would go with the T40CS. If you want which one you will probably like just a little more the Fenix TK41 is hard to beat. The TK41 has the smoother beam on a wall up close. But that is irrelevant outdoors. The TK41 has 6 modes and the T40CS has 5. I think the low on the TK41 is like 10 lumens.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
You may want to check out the Olight M3X. It will out throw both.

I love mine.

Olight M3X 60yds same settings as above

DSCF3520Small.jpg

MT7

Newly Enlightened
You may want to check out the Olight M3X. It will out throw both.

I love mine.

Olight M3X 60yds same settings as above

ok,thanks,but I not think that the Olight M3X worth the expensive price,is more than 15$ more than the Sunwayman T40CS and the Fenix TK41 although it doesen't have more lumens,more throw,or better runtimes. I can not find a significant improvement that justifies the high cost. or I missing something? is the M3X much better in something than the TK41 and the T40CS?
and which flashlight you prefer? the Fenix TK41 or the Sunwayman T40CS? (runtimes,lumens,build quality,throw,batteries etc.)
thanks advance about all your help ;)

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I just got the T40cs with the new xml u2 and its rated at 848 lumens I believe and I couldnt be happier it throws far and has a large hot spot as well

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
ok,thanks,but I not think that the Olight M3X worth the expensive price,is more than 15$ more than the Sunwayman T40CS and the Fenix TK41 although it doesen't have more lumens,more throw,or better runtimes. I can not find a significant improvement that justifies the high cost. or I missing something? is the M3X much better in something than the TK41 and the T40CS?
and which flashlight you prefer? the Fenix TK41 or the Sunwayman T40CS? (runtimes,lumens,build quality,throw,batteries etc.)
thanks advance about all your help ;)

Depends on the price. Your probably going to pay more for the TK41. I have said that the TK41 is probably my favorite light due to the AA batteries and the 4 brightness modes. So that's going to be what I stand by. But if you can get the T40CS for around $96 shipped I would go with it. But that picture above on the TK41 I don't think it's focused as well as the T40CS shot. It will do a little better than that. It throws about like my Olight SR51.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The Sunwayman T40CS has three constant output modes: 788Lumens (2hrs)- 220Lumens (8hrs)- 20Lumens (60hrs). It has a strobe and a SOS.

If you live in the US, I can tell you who will probably be the cheapest. I paid $96 shipped for my T40CS. I bought mine from Shane in Florida.

Send me a pm if your interested and I'll send you his email if your in the US.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
I just got the T40cs with the new xml u2 and its rated at 848 lumens I believe and I couldnt be happier it throws far and has a large hot spot as well
Where can I get the XML-U2 version? I search for this version in many web stores (include Ebay) and I see only the XML T6 version...

kj2

Flashaholic
but in sunwayman's website they wrote the T40CS use XML-T6 and it have 788 lumens and not 860 lumens like bwolcott said...

Also hkequipment said to me, that the u2 version came end of May. Its June now, so think the new version will come in stock soon.