Quark Tactical-Cannot Enter Programming Mode

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
When I turn the light on, I can switch between two modes by loosening and tightening the head. However, I cannot get the light to enter the programming mode. I have followed the instructions as follows:

1. Turn the light on
2. Loosen the head 1/2 turn (light changes to dimmer output)
3. Tighten and loosen 4 (also tried 5) times. Each time, the light does change from high to low beam

After waiting 3+ seconds, the light never flashes and does not enter programming mode.

Light is brand new.

Suggestions before I return it?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
IIRC, the written instructions don't mention that you have to do the tighten/loosen turns very quickly. It seems to not enter programming mode if you take too long on even one of the repetitions. Watch the video on the 4Sevens website and you'll see how fast it has to be done.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
turn off the light.
loosen the head while the light is turned off.
turn on the light, wait for some time.
then tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen very quickly. the head is in the loosened position.
wait for several seconds and shine the light onto your palm.
after several(!) seconds the light will blink with very low(!) output to indicate that you've entered programming mode.

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
Got it working. I was not doing the turns fast enough. A quarter turn in rapid-fire successon worked. Thanks for the help.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, just to add, when the light wont change modes or doesnt seem to get any brighter than low, that means your battery's almost dead.