SR90 vs Elektrolumens ST90

Custom

Newly Enlightened
been searching for an actual comparison, all i find is number claims...

is it correct, that the Olight and the Elektrolumens have never actually been side by side??

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an Olight SR 90 but I have an Elektrolumens ST90 and I guarantee that you will love it. It is large. It is heavy. It is *bright.* I like the separate high/low switches even though the low is not *low.* Neither light is the kind you'd use to fix the car or look for a quarter under the couch! And... it tailstands!

Custom

Newly Enlightened
thank you sir! i do like the way it looks, but i'm starting to turn to the dark side.

it's looking like the SR90 is still untouchable at 300 yards +
i have found no evidence showing the ST90 or VPT2 can put more light on targets that far.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you sir! i do like the way it looks, but i'm starting to turn to the dark side.it's looking like the SR90 is still untouchable at 300 yards +i have found no evidence showing the ST90 or VPT2 can put more light on targets that far.
With my ST90 dedomed I'm getting 600+ because led is driven harder (than ST90) = more lumens and reflector is bigger also, so no brainer IMO.

Knives&Lights

Newly Enlightened
I know this post is a few months old but now that I own both lights I can give a definate answer. My Olight SR90 will throw farther than than my Electrolumens ST90. The SMO reflector of the SR90 creates a smaller hot spot\tighter beam. Both are monsters but if you are looking for throw the Olight SR90 wins. Now runtime is a different story, the ST-90 with 4 18650 cells will last longer then the SR-90 with its 6x18650 battery pack because the Electrolumens ST-90 is direct drive and the Olight SR-90 has a driver. When it comes to future mods the ST-90 wins that battle because it is easy to take apart and you dont need to buy a assembled battery pack. SR-90 mass produced made in china, ST-90 Made by hand with pride in the U.S.A. If $#!t hit the fan I would choose the ST-90 hands down.

Last edited:

baexmeyer

Newly Enlightened
I know this post is a few months old but now that I own both lights I can give a definate answer. My Olight SR90 will throw farther than than my Electrolumens ST90. The SMO reflector of the SR90 creates a smaller hot spot\tighter beam. Both are monsters but if you are looking for throw the Olight SR90 wins. Now runtime is a different story, the ST-90 with 4 18650 cells will last longer then the SR-90 with its 6x18650 battery pack because the Electrolumens ST-90 is direct drive and the Olight SR-90 has a driver. When it comes to future mods the ST-90 wins that battle because it is easy to take apart and you dont need to buy a assembled battery pack. SR-90 mass produced made in china, ST-90 Made by hand with pride in the U.S.A. If $#!t hit the fan I would choose the ST-90 hands down.

Thanks for this Knives&Lights. This is what I was looking for.