Surefire C2-BKCS? What is BKCS?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
In my quest for another C2 Centurion (everybody needs more than 1 right?) I found a model described as C2-BKCS. My current C2 is a SF-C2-HA I believe, the type 3 anodized one. Is this BKCS the black type 2 anodized model? If so, I think I will pass as I would like the type 3. Thanks for the help folks :popcorn:

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking you're right Warrior, my thought is that it is the black type 2 though, which I hear is not as hard as the type 3. I have love for the type 3. How are yours holding up, is the black as sturdy?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I thought that SureFire offered some models in a choice of packaging to Dealers depending on how they want to structure/layout their point of sale.
CS indicates "clamshell" packaging.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched for c2-bkcs and it brings up KR2-BKCS, which is a rechargable conversion kit for 6p/c2/z2 lights. Maybe that's what it's referring to?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
4EN[sic] You should know that there are BKHA C2 lights out there. Im not talking about custom black HA but official SureFire lights. One was a collaboration with Emerson Knives. It was a matched set of a CQC-7 and Black HA C2. Also there has been an instance of a Black HA C2 used for Remington Military division.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a black Surefire C2 HAIII. Not custom, I had to buy it with a knife. It was a special edition.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is no need to include CS in the model number since it is only really relevant to Dealers. The fact that one or two do shows to me that they don't know enough about what they're selling.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I called and verified, it is black and I'm pretty sure type II coating so I passed. Thought there were quite the steal at first glance. Thanks for all the great information!

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Slightly off topic, but I really don't have a problem with type II. Sure it scratches a bit easier, but it's not like the metal underneath is iron or something that will rust...And I actually like the look of a light that has a few battle scars.

Type II would never stop me from buying a light at a good price. YMMV, IMHO, etc, etc.