New Streamlight SL20L

tjhabak

Enlightened
Streamlight makes alot of nice lights for non-flashaholics in the public safety field. I noticed they had a new LED model of the SL20 rechargeable flashlight, the SL20L. I picked one up to check it out. It is the same basic shape as the old model on the outside, but its completely different on the inside. I'm pretty sure the emitter is an XP-G. It has 3 modes (H,M,L plus strobe). I was a little disappointed with it at first, because it doesn't have that heavy duty feel the older models do. Outside, I was surprised......this thing is a throw monster. Most of my big lights are mult-emitter floodies,(Nitecore TM11, Jetbeam RRT 3, DW 3x XML Mag mods) so this is the best thrower I own now! The reflector is HUGE! It does a good job giving a nice tight but useful hotspot with a decent, usable spill. The tint is a little on the cool side, but not too distracting. Overall, it doesn't have the same bombproof feeling of the old SL20, but Streamlight did a good job bringing a classic into the new milennium. Now......if only they (and other non-flashaholic brands), could start using some warm emitters......:rolleyes:

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2