ASP Sapphire free lifetime battery replacement?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
According to the info I have, you're supposed to send the light and $3 back to ASP. I don't know what the turn-around time on this is, because I've never sent a light back to them.

The warranty (of which the batteries are a part of) is pretty much unconditional. From my website:

"Guarantee is for life irregardless of what is damaged. If the clip is broken we provide a new light. We ship replacements the day they arrive."
"Some of the stories are great. 'Went through the washer...car ran over it....kids were fighting and it broke...one was even chewed by a dog'. All of them are replaced. The best part is if the light is logo engraved we replace the unit with a new engraved one.
"

The page for the ASP on my website is right here if you're interested.

PhilAlex

Enlightened
ASP is a pretty reliable company. They supply police forces after all.

PS: As a full time marketing consultant (Among other things) I can tell you the number of people who take 'em up on this sort of offer is incredibly small.

Also: The Sapphire does not have a CONSTANT on feature, so the batteries are less likely to run dry.

My 2 cents.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a blue saphire for nearly 4 years and I've yet to have the battery changed--course I don't use it nearly as much as the Arc's or Infinities.

-Jason

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I'm glad someone asked this as I was intending to ask the same question. I have a green mirage that just kind of fell apart (case just separated). I just looked at it recently and the switch itself is starting to melt as well (it's just been sitting in a drawer for the past year or so). Sounds like I may as well send it back for replacement. I have a Sapphire that I wear around my neck 24/7 (since the mirage died), and it's still going strong. Comes in handy even if there is no constant on.

Craig--the link on your page to the ASP website doesn't work. Do you know if it's just bad timing or if it is because the site no longer exists?

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
I have on two occasions. Both times they returned my check along with brand-new lights. Not bad....

DavidTHR

Enlightened
My good friend, a recently retired LEO, has sent his ASP light back, for a broken plastic clip.

Within a week or so, he received a BRAND NEW ASP Light -- at no charge!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
ZENGHOST said:
Craig--the link on your page to the ASP website doesn't work. Do you know if it's just bad timing or if it is because the site no longer exists?

[/ QUOTE ]
O o, I just now checked that, and the site linked on my ASP Sapphire page is definitely FUBAR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Maybe Texas Tactical (linked on my ASP Aspen page) has the ASP Sapphire.