The Fenix itch

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at 3 lights.
Fenix PD32 using an 18650
Fenix TK35 two 18650's
Fenix RC10

I already have a main edc, but I am curious to the Fenix brand.

Can you pocket carry the RC10 easily? It looks like you have to holster carry the TK35 however it looks like a great high lumen light.

Can anyone comment on any of these lights?

hoanglz

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at 3 lights.
Fenix PD32 using an 18650
Fenix TK35 two 18650's
Fenix RC10

I already have a main edc, but I am curious to the Fenix brand.

Can you pocket carry the RC10 easily? It looks like you have to holster carry the TK35 however it looks like a great high lumen light.

Can anyone comment on any of these lights?

From my personal experience:
- PD32 is compact, you can easy carry with your pocket.
- TK35 should comes with its holster
- You an carry RC10 with your pocket, but you will find a bit inconvenience
Fenix product is balance: Performance /Function / Price / Quality

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up the PD32 a few months back and run it with an EagleTac 3100 and I can't complain. It's a nifty little light that performs well, has a slightly white>blue tight beam and decent enoough modes to suit my needs.

For $60 shipped, I'm a happy camper.

Chris

screennamie

Newly Enlightened
Just used my tk35 for the first time last night. Pretty easy to carry in a cargo pocket. But if ya get moving you'll know its there. thuded my leg a couple times. I'd like to slit the holster and mount horizontally on my belt. But can't bring myself to cut it :crazy:

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Must say I'm getting the itch to own one of their lights. I've got the impression that they are similar to 4sevens in terms of quality and marketing, am I right?

eg6

Newly Enlightened
I too was looking for a fenix tk35 and after searching around i came across a flashlight that seems to be a pretty good bang for the buck. It is called the shiningbeam blaze. It's rated at 720 Lumens and for the price you can't really complain!
buttrock.gif

screennamie

Newly Enlightened
Looks like that shiningbeam blaze is priced descent. I wanted a really BRIGHT light and did a lot of research. And I really didn't want to pay the 100+ everyone was asking online. Especially since they're coming out with a new one. So I hit the market place here and got a steal imo.

As for carrying it, I can't really see a good place to put it on my belt yet. It does have a D loop and I'm going to try a caribeaner tomorrow night.

So far I'm loving this thing. Thought I had it on turbo after a while but I checked it was only on high. Tonight with out knowing it I only used about 600L of the 800 something it provides. :eek:

That's why I wish there was a place by me I could try these things out before I bought. All the beam shots and numbers don't really do any of these lights justice. Technology has come a long way. Over all I'm still happy with my purchase.

I think my next light is going to be one of those fancy pants Ti ones. Maybe the sunwayman v10r or something similar in price and brightness.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Jetbeam is nicer than Fenix. If you like the way the Fenix PD32 looks, check out the Jetbeam PC20. Also nice is the Jetbeam RRT-0, which has infinite brightness adjustment.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam is nicer than Fenix. If you like the way the Fenix PD32 looks, check out the Jetbeam PC20. Also nice is the Jetbeam RRT-0, which has infinite brightness adjustment.

I looks like the PC20 cannot support an 18650. Otherwise looks like a decent light.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must say I'm getting the itch to own one of their lights. I've got the impression that they are similar to 4sevens in terms of quality and marketing, am I right?

I'd say Fenix is one notch better in quality than 4sevens, but the gap seems to be closing.

In my book, every flashaholic should own at least one Fenix flashlight... but that comes from the mouth of a guy who owns over a dozen...

I've been working with a PD20 (and a Q123 tactical) on my belt for over 2 years now. Nothing to report other than I'm 100% satisfied.

fyrstormer

Banned
I looks like the PC20 cannot support an 18650. Otherwise looks like a decent light.
Ah, sorry, I didn't realize 18650 compatibility was a requirement instead of a bonus. Perhaps the ST Cycler would suit your preferences better. It seems to be functionally identical to the PC20 but it has 18650 support. The ST Cycler has a reverse-clicky but you can buy a forward-clicky tailcap that fits all of Jetbeam's 18650-compatible lights if you want one.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Ah, sorry, I didn't realize 18650 compatibility was a requirement instead of a bonus. Perhaps the ST Cycler would suit your preferences better. It seems to be functionally identical to the PC20 but it has 18650 support. The ST Cycler has a reverse-clicky but you can buy a forward-clicky tailcap that fits all of Jetbeam's 18650-compatible lights if you want one.

Thanks, I actually like the reverse clicky.
My Quark X aa^2 is my first quality light that's bringing on an obsession.

Flashaholic_71

Newly Enlightened
the rc10 dosent bring a holster for it witch kinda was a bummer for me did bring 1 extra oring because thats all it needs the light, its great i like it ( i use mine in strobe and turbo only) i dont have a tk35 but i would say that the rc10 is more confty / lighter in the pocket than a tk35. I ussally edc a e01 ,e05 , ld01, E11, E15 i might have to order me one of those tk35. I just order last month 3 hl30 witch im super exited and cant wait to try out. the pd32 is a great bright bright light also great edc should be more confty and lighter than rc-10 and tk35 . i like fenix they havent let me down and the only light i have that its not a a fenix is a Pelican Nemo 1960 LED in Yellow witch is nice but i like my fenix more . Buy all 3 you wont be dissapointed. i never got a tk35 because i did not care for they way you have to grab on the light like if you had a mini box in my hand, plus the two clicky bottons in the back ewww ...i never had the chance to hold one in hand in real life but i might have to grab one for the collection tho... watch me love it now :laughing:

Tk35 more heavy and a bit longer and more bulky than a Rc10 and waayy more bright.
Rc10 uses one rechargeable battery witch is smaller and lighter than a 18650...
PD32 is smaller than the 2 above , the PD series was one of the 1st that got me hooked on fenix.

maybe the pd32 and tk35 might be more what your looking for. I see many people not liking the rc10 that much, i on the other hand i love it. I had it in my car with my 21" nickel finish baton last night as i was driving threw the hood to visit the inlaws & i also like the fact that i can charge it in the car and its preatty bright and i can turn it on on strobe just wish this could throw pepper spray too or fire stun gun dartss!!!

been with fenix for the last 4/5 years no complains.

Youtube Video on rc10 not me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFqVBWg_DjQ
btw you can turn the light on strobe!

TK35 Features:

Uses XM-L (U2) LED, max 860-lumen output