RGB maglites.

cocacola

Newly Enlightened
Were can i find this powerfull dropins for my maglite?
Or is this a difficult mod to make?

rgbmaglite3.jpg

rgbmaglite4.jpg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite has accessory kits that have a red, blue, and clear lens. The older kits had red, blue and amber lenses. I am not sure from the picture what you mean by drop ins. I looks like just a colored lens on a Maglite LED.

Illum

Flashaholic
In the pictures those are not drop-ins, but an irreversible modification in which wavelength specific LEDs were used

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the pictures those are not drop-ins, but an irreversible modification in which wavelength specific LEDs were used

Illum, how do you know, is there a link to the original thread where these lights were displayed? I'd love to know because I'm a big fan of coloured lights.

Also, why should any emitter, no matter what the wavelength, be an irreversible mod?

In the first shot, none of the emitters seem to be glowing, but the wash of colour in the reflector area is of the colour of the light, glow powder? Tritium?

Fantastic pictures BTW, especially the last one.

Canuke

Enlightened
Seems to me that an MC-E RGB would work well in the Mag's relatively large reflector. Has anyone done this? I'd be interested in a drop-in (with color-mixing a definite bonus!)

cocacola

Newly Enlightened
Illum, how do you know, is there a link to the original thread where these lights were displayed? I'd love to know because I'm a big fan of coloured lights.

Also, why should any emitter, no matter what the wavelength, be an irreversible mod?

In the first shot, none of the emitters seem to be glowing, but the wash of colour in the reflector area is of the colour of the light, glow powder? Tritium?

Here my friend:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/rgb-2d-maglites-73987.html#post1084749

cocacola

Newly Enlightened

Here you are my friend:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/rgb-2d-maglites-73987.html#post1084749

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
backstory: pt-54 became popular because it was part of the "leftovers" of harvesting certain projectors for their new InGaN high wavelength diodes. This discovery basically brought down the consumer price of these single diodes from several thousand dollars to ~$50.

those laser nerds *were* just throwing these things away until someone decided to make a light out of them. Apparently, they didn't notice that these things were friggin awesome.... I mean, not as awesome as the beautiful, and as of yet still unknown, InGaN direct injection laser diodes, but awesome in their own, sheer output sort of way.

The builder, jayrob, recently joined here (bout time, I noticed a marked increase in his interest in incoherent non-monochromatic light builds, tsk tsk tsk ;) ), and is known at lpf for offering very intuitive all-in-one kits for building your own custom photon stick.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 I'm fond of multi-coloured lights as well :thumbsup:

Seems (as already mentioned) like an RGB MC-E would be the perfect solution, switching would be the biggest obstacle I'd imagine ;)