What is a "tactical" flashlight?

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
What defines a tactical flashlight? What is the opposite of one? What do you use a tactical flashlight for? If anybody in the world would know, it would be youze guyz. Please forgive my ignorance; I am new to flashlights.

Al Thumbs

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure if you're serious or trolling. lol

Usually it's just a term labeled by the manufacturer to help sell lights.

I guess there are a couple features that would "aid" in a "tactical" situation. Sometimes it may be easy access to a high mode and a bright strobe. It is usually black in color and a tail clicky switch.

To a lot of people "tactical" can mean many different things.

eg6

Newly Enlightened
I totally agree with smokescreen. Tactical is just a term used in flashlights. However if its used, from what I get from it is that you have modes that are preset that you know %100 that you will get when you turn on the lights. Also some are designed so it can withstand recoil if it were to ever be put on a gun. A good example would be a 4sevens quark x regular vs tactical. The tactical one has 2 preset mode that will never change unless u specifically set them to. Also the tail cap button extends further out so you can always have easier access when you turn on the light. As for the regular version the tail cap is flat (which allows you to tail-stand) and you can access all the mode by turning on the light and half pressing it to go through the modes (with the exception of turbo mode and strobe mode that requires the head to be fully tighten).

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
This is tactical:)

0c98c74d-4798-e5dc.jpg

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Erzengel

Enlightened
the term "Tactical Light" was originally introduced for lights used together with a pistol. Therefore a tactical light was considered to be bright, single level and momentary only. A grip ring would be nice, because it helps holding the light in certain shooting techniques.
Today it is a marketing term, normally including abundant brightness, crenelations and strobe mode.

Latest posts